    Thanks for any hints!

    Alex

  2. Re: WHOIS server

    On 2006-06-27 Alexander List wrote:
    > I wonder what you are using for running a WHOIS server?
    > * RIPE?
    > * home grown daemon in Perl querying a MySQL database?

    Why running a WHOIS *server* at all? For querying use
    either the plain whois or install gwhois/jwhois which know
    pretty much all servers and IIRC implement some kind of caching,
    too.

    bye,

    -christian-

  3. Re: WHOIS server

    Christian Hammers wrote:
    > Why running a WHOIS *server* at all?

    Because it's mandated by ICANN for Registrars?

    Alex

  4. Re: WHOIS server

    Alexander List wrote:
    > Hello folks!
    >
    > I wonder what you are using for running a WHOIS server?
    >
    > * RIPE?
    >
    > * home grown daemon in Perl querying a MySQL database?
    >
    > Thanks for any hints!
    >
    > Alex

    I'm not a registrar, but if your needs are small, have you looked at
    swhoisd?

    http://dan.drydog.com/swhoisd/

    -eric

  5. Re: WHOIS server

    Alexander List wrote:
    > Christian Hammers wrote:
    >> Why running a WHOIS *server* at all?

    > Because it's mandated by ICANN for Registrars?
    >
    > Alex

    Below link might help you :
    http://www.generic-nic.net/sheets/practical/whois-en

    cheers,