OT: sorbs blacklisting scam - Debian

This is a discussion on OT: sorbs blacklisting scam - Debian ; On Tuesday 25 July 2006 17:31, Steve Redlich wrote: > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, NEVERUSESORBS wrote: > > ... impossible to get off their list. > > I think it's impossible for an ordinary end user to get off ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 66 of 66

  1. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tuesday 25 July 2006 17:31, Steve Redlich wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, NEVERUSESORBS wrote:
    > > ... impossible to get off their list.

    > I think it's impossible for an ordinary end user to get off their DUHL.
    > However, if you have an AS number, they apparently view your request.

    I used to work for a domain registrar. No, they won't. They DO NOT delist
    anyone for any reason. Their list is fundamentally flawed for this reason.

    --
    Paul Johnson
    Jabber: Because it's time to move forward http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber

  2. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tuesday 25 July 2006 15:49, NEVERUSESORBS wrote:
    > Someone here mentioned a lawsuit. I can get behind that. They are messing
    > with my business and it's impossible to get off their list. Any info on
    > ongoing lawsuits, let me know.

    I'm not sure suing a bunch of penniless posers is going to accomplish much.
    Better plan: Start blacklisting sites that use SORBS.

    --
    Paul Johnson
    Jabber: Because it's time to move forward http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber

  3. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 18:41 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
    > On Tuesday 25 July 2006 17:31, Steve Redlich wrote:
    > > On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, NEVERUSESORBS wrote:
    > > > ... impossible to get off their list.

    > > I think it's impossible for an ordinary end user to get off their DUHL.
    > > However, if you have an AS number, they apparently view your request.

    > I used to work for a domain registrar. No, they won't. They DO NOT delist
    > anyone for any reason. Their list is fundamentally flawed for this reason.

    You must have worked for SORBS to be able to make this statement. Did
    you work for them? You said above you worked for a domain registrar.

  4. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:09, Shane Chrisp wrote:
    > On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 18:41 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I think it's impossible for an ordinary end user to get off their DUHL.
    > > > However, if you have an AS number, they apparently view your request.

    > > I used to work for a domain registrar. No, they won't. They DO NOT
    > > delist anyone for any reason. Their list is fundamentally flawed for
    > > this reason.

    > You must have worked for SORBS to be able to make this statement. Did
    > you work for them? You said above you worked for a domain registrar.

    No, I was the abuse desk manager at the domain registrar I worked for.

    --
    Paul Johnson
    Jabber: Because it's time to move forward http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber

  5. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 19:37 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
    > On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:09, Shane Chrisp wrote:

    > > > I used to work for a domain registrar. No, they won't. They DO NOT
    > > > delist anyone for any reason. Their list is fundamentally flawed for
    > > > this reason.

    > > You must have worked for SORBS to be able to make this statement. Did
    > > you work for them? You said above you worked for a domain registrar.

    > No, I was the abuse desk manager at the domain registrar I worked for.

    So how can you make a blanket statement that they dont delist anyone for
    any reason when you were only the abuse desk manager at another company?

  6. Re: NEVER USE SORBS

    On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:55, Shane Chrisp wrote:
    > On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 19:37 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

    > > > You must have worked for SORBS to be able to make this statement. Did
    > > > you work for them? You said above you worked for a domain registrar.

    > > No, I was the abuse desk manager at the domain registrar I worked for.

    > So how can you make a blanket statement that they dont delist anyone for
    > any reason when you were only the abuse desk manager at another company?

    Ever try to deal with SORBS to get delisted? If it is possible to get off
    SORBS, the way the FAQ states is not congruent with the real process.