monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP - Debian

This is a discussion on monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP - Debian ; Hi Guys, I am planning to monitor debian server memory,cpu and disk usage.Currently we are monitoring other network resources using cacti.Now i am planning to monitor debian server through SNMP.Is there any othere easy solution to monitor memory,cpu and disk ...

  1. monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP

    Hi Guys,

    I am planning to monitor debian server memory,cpu and disk usage.Currently we are monitoring other network resources using cacti.Now i am planning to monitor debian server through SNMP.Is there any othere easy solution to monitor memory,cpu and disk usage with graphs.

    If i to install SNMP, how to install and configure SNMP to monitor these requests.
    But i have installed snmpd from debian package

    now i am able to see /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file in this default things are entered and after that i don't know what to do.

    Thanks for your help

    ---------------------------------
    Yahoo! Photos

  2. Re: monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP

    I'd recommend using munin. It's much easier to use, setup and extend than
    SNMP. At the same time allows using SNMP info too. We have been running it on
    our servers for a year now and no problems. It can also interact with nagios
    and generate systems alerts (e.g. when you run out of disc space, gigh cpu
    load etc).

    mimo

    On Monday 23 January 2006 13:13, Radhika wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am planning to monitor debian server memory,cpu and disk usage.Currently
    > we are monitoring other network resources using cacti.Now i am planning to
    > monitor debian server through SNMP.Is there any othere easy solution to
    > monitor memory,cpu and disk usage with graphs.
    >
    > If i to install SNMP, how to install and configure SNMP to monitor these
    > requests. But i have installed snmpd from debian package
    >
    > now i am able to see /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file in this default things are
    > entered and after that i don't know what to do.
    >
    > Thanks for your help

  3. Re: monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP

    thank you very much for your help.I have installed munin and default thing is working fine and now i am trying to add new hosts like below

    i am try to add new node in munin.conf file like this

    [main1]
    address 172.13.5.133
    use_node_name yes

    Now in munin-node.conf i have added new node ipaddress

    allow ^172\.13\.5\.133$

    and after that where i need to add plugins details for this new node i think plugin-conf.d/munin-node file or i need to create new file.In graph default it is showing below

    localdomain
    localhost.localdomain :: [ Disk Mysql Network Postfix Processes System ]
    if i add new host where i can define these services like disk process system

    really i need help to build on my isp server to monitor

    thanks for your time

    Michael Moritz wrote:
    I'd recommend using munin. It's much easier to use, setup and extend than
    SNMP. At the same time allows using SNMP info too. We have been running it on
    our servers for a year now and no problems. It can also interact with nagios
    and generate systems alerts (e.g. when you run out of disc space, gigh cpu
    load etc).

    mimo

    On Monday 23 January 2006 13:13, Radhika wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am planning to monitor debian server memory,cpu and disk usage.Currently
    > we are monitoring other network resources using cacti.Now i am planning to
    > monitor debian server through SNMP.Is there any othere easy solution to
    > monitor memory,cpu and disk usage with graphs.
    >
    > If i to install SNMP, how to install and configure SNMP to monitor these
    > requests. But i have installed snmpd from debian package
    >
    > now i am able to see /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file in this default things are
    > entered and after that i don't know what to do.
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    ---------------------------------

    ---------------------------------
    Yahoo! Photos

  4. Re: monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP

    On Monday 23 January 2006 15:17, Radhika wrote:
    > thank you very much for your help.I have installed munin and default thing
    > is working fine and now i am trying to add new hosts like below
    >
    > i am try to add new node in munin.conf file like this
    >
    > [main1]
    > address 172.13.5.133
    > use_node_name yes
    >
    > Now in munin-node.conf i have added new node ipaddress
    >
    > allow ^172\.13\.5\.133$
    >
    > and after that where i need to add plugins details for this new node i
    > think plugin-conf.d/munin-node file or i need to create new file.In graph
    > default it is showing below
    >

    > localdomain
    > localhost.localdomain :: [ Disk Mysql Network Postfix Processes System ]
    > if i add new host where i can define these services like disk process
    > system

    I assume you are running debian - if you just installed using apt-get it has
    already started generating these. So if you look at the pages (Disk,
    Mysql,..) etc you should start seeing graphs there (it's part of teh
    autoconfiguration of munin-node)

    mm

    > really i need help to build on my isp server to monitor
    >
    > thanks for your time
    >

    > Michael Moritz wrote:
    > I'd recommend using munin. It's much easier to use, setup and extend than
    > SNMP. At the same time allows using SNMP info too. We have been running it
    > on our servers for a year now and no problems. It can also interact with
    > nagios and generate systems alerts (e.g. when you run out of disc space,
    > gigh cpu load etc).
    >
    > mimo
    >
    > On Monday 23 January 2006 13:13, Radhika wrote:
    > > Hi Guys,
    > >
    > > I am planning to monitor debian server memory,cpu and disk
    > > usage.Currently we are monitoring other network resources using cacti.Now
    > > i am planning to monitor debian server through SNMP.Is there any othere
    > > easy solution to monitor memory,cpu and disk usage with graphs.
    > >
    > > If i to install SNMP, how to install and configure SNMP to monitor these
    > > requests. But i have installed snmpd from debian package
    > >
    > > now i am able to see /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file in this default things are
    > > entered and after that i don't know what to do.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help

  5. Re: monitoring memory,CPU and disk usage for debian servers using SNMP

    i need help on adding new hosts to my existing munin how to add new hosts and which files i need to change for this to get the graphs

    thanks for your help