[OT] _received_ call from toll free ? - Debian

This is a discussion on [OT] _received_ call from toll free ? - Debian ; sorry for OT but i hpe someone can help me: i have received a call from 0018668493243 i did not had the time to answer since it rang only two times .... but this number seem to be a toll ...

  1. [OT] _received_ call from toll free ?

    sorry for OT but i hpe someone can help me:
    i have received a call from 0018668493243
    i did not had the time to answer since it rang only two times ....
    but this number seem to be a toll free number in usa ...
    how is possible to _receive_ a call from a toll free number ?
    does anyone can help me ?
    --
    Leonardo Boselli
    Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile

  2. Re: [OT] _received_ call from toll free ?

    2005/10/5, Leonardo Boselli :
    > sorry for OT but i hpe someone can help me:
    > i have received a call from 0018668493243
    > i did not had the time to answer since it rang only two times ....
    > but this number seem to be a toll free number in usa ...
    > how is possible to _receive_ a call from a toll free number ?
    > does anyone can help me ?

    some PBX's that are connected with E1/T1 SIP Voip gateways send custom
    numer presentation. So somebody might have set his number to "xxxxxxx"
    and this was shown on your phone.

    --
    Pozdrawiam,
    Wojciech Ziniewicz | wojciech.ziniewicz@gmail.com