exim3+cyrus21-pop3d - Debian

This is a discussion on exim3+cyrus21-pop3d - Debian ; Hi list, I'm trying to setup an mail server with exim3 and cyrus-pop3d to get mail throug pop3 protocol. But, I'm get this following error on my mua (mozilla-firefox) "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server babham.ufla.br responded: Unable ...

  1. exim3+cyrus21-pop3d

    Hi list,

    I'm trying to setup an mail server with exim3 and cyrus-pop3d to get
    mail throug pop3 protocol. But, I'm get this following error on my mua
    (mozilla-firefox) "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server
    babham.ufla.br responded: Unable to open maildrop"

    --
    Rodolfo Barbosa -- barbosa.rodolfo@uflanet.com.br
    Administrador de Sistemas Móveis

  2. Re: exim3+cyrus21-pop3d

    On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 04:33:13PM -0300, Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
    > I'm trying to setup an mail server with exim3 and cyrus-pop3d to get
    > mail throug pop3 protocol. But, I'm get this following error on my mua
    > (mozilla-firefox) "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server
    > babham.ufla.br responded: Unable to open maildrop"

    First: have a look in syslog.
    Second: don't use exim3, it's dead. Use exim4.

    Marcin
    --
    Marcin Owsiany http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
    GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216 FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75 D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216