autoresponder for postifx/mysql - Debian

This is a discussion on autoresponder for postifx/mysql - Debian ; I've been trying to figure out how to setup an autoresponder for my postfix/mysql server. I've done a bit of searching, and found quite a bit of other people asking the same question, but i've yet to see any soild ...

  1. autoresponder for postifx/mysql

    I've been trying to figure out how to setup an autoresponder for my
    postfix/mysql server. I've done a bit of searching, and found quite a
    bit of other people asking the same question, but i've yet to see any
    soild solution.

    Can any of you recommend anything?

    Thanks...

  2. Re: autoresponder for postifx/mysql

    > I've been trying to figure out how to setup an autoresponder for my
    > postfix/mysql server.

    We have a kludged, "by hand" solution that suits our current small,
    needs. I suspect by pointing your maildrop entry in your mysql database
    to an entry in /etc/aliases you could make it work for you...

    Perhaps somebody can suggest an improvement?

    As a low priority background process, we're thinking about packages that
    integrate with cyrus our soon to be new IMAP/Pop3 server. Maybe
    Websieve ?

    We're running postfix/ldap, without "true" virtual domains, but with a
    sealed mailserver and no home directories on the mailserver.

    Everyone has an OS account and a default domain and every
    name@virutualdomain.org is an alias to their OS account maildrop in LDAP

    Our main.cf has a line:

    alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_aliases.cf

    Our /etc/aliases has lines like:

    # A line that starts with whitespace continues
    # a logical line.
    mcarino: "|/usr/bin/autoreply -l
    /var/local/cache/autoreply/mcarino.ar.log -i 90
    /etc/autoreply.d/mcarino.txt"
    ,mcarino

    ....The bit after the comma is important if you want people to come back
    and find their mail in their box after vacation.

    One quirk of autorepy is that there needs to be a sym link from
    /nonexistent to /tmp/

    btw, autoreply is not packaged for debian. Debian-mentors rejected our
    application for sponsorship, on the reasonable grounds that vacation was
    already packaged and did everything autoreply did.

    jack wrote:
    > I've been trying to figure out how to setup an autoresponder for my
    > postfix/mysql server. I've done a bit of searching, and found quite a
    > bit of other people asking the same question, but i've yet to see any
    > soild solution.
    >
    > Can any of you recommend anything?
    >
    > Thanks...

  3. Re: autoresponder for postifx/mysql

    Hello jack,

    We use Yaa! - http://frost.ath.cx/software/yaa/

    It nicely integrates with postfix. You can have configuration stored
    in mysql. I have made web interface to configuration, so users can
    turn autoresponder on/off and specify subject. Turning on
    autoresponder is as simple as adding forward to user account. For
    example for user user@domain1.com php adds forward to
    user#domain1.com@autoreply.mydomain.com. Postfix has special entry
    in transport table for autoreply.mydomain.com that routes it through
    Yaa. In config file I have regexp which translates this address back
    to user@domain1.com and yaa will search mysql to see if this user
    has autoresponder turned on.

    Saturday, September 24, 2005, 1:00:46, jack wrote:

    j> I've been trying to figure out how to setup an autoresponder for my
    j> postfix/mysql server. I've done a bit of searching, and found quite a
    j> bit of other people asking the same question, but i've yet to see any
    j> soild solution.

    --
    bYE, Marki