deleting selected/filtered mails in sendmail queue - Debian

This is a discussion on deleting selected/filtered mails in sendmail queue - Debian ; Hello list, I had some trouble with an misconfigured "ms isa server" in my network, which in return had an misconfigured "ms exchange" behind it, which acted as a kind of openrelay (ooh, those people!). The problem is now, my ...

  1. deleting selected/filtered mails in sendmail queue

    Hello list,

    I had some trouble with an misconfigured "ms isa server" in my network, which in return had an misconfigured "ms exchange" behind it, which acted as a kind of openrelay (ooh, those people!).

    The problem is now, my sendmail box - being the smarthost for the exchange - has a queue full of undeliverable notices for fake-addresses now, the lot going somewhere to ".tw" .

    As I'm pretty sure none of our customers really has email contact with taiwan I'm looking for an easy way to get those messages out of my queue without touching any other emails.

    Is there anything available either in sendmail itself (something like sendmail -qR@blah.com, just for deleting and not queuerun) which I haven't found yet or some additional tools/scripts whatever.

    Thanks in advance for cleaning up my queue!

    With best regards,

    Erik

  2. Re: deleting selected/filtered mails in sendmail queue

    Erik,

    Erik Dörnbach wrote:

    > Hello list,
    >
    > I had some trouble with an misconfigured "ms isa server" in my network, which in return had an misconfigured "ms exchange" behind it, which acted as a kind of openrelay (ooh, those people!).
    >
    > The problem is now, my sendmail box - being the smarthost for the exchange - has a queue full of undeliverable notices for fake-addresses now, the lot going somewhere to ".tw" .
    >
    > As I'm pretty sure none of our customers really has email contact with taiwan I'm looking for an easy way to get those messages out of my queue without touching any other emails.
    >
    > Is there anything available either in sendmail itself (something like sendmail -qR@blah.com, just for deleting and not queuerun) which I haven't found yet or some additional tools/scripts whatever.

    Stop sendmail, cp -pr /var/spool/mqueue to say, /var/spool/omqueue, start
    sendmail again and do a couple of queueruns on that queue (be sure you
    remove the /var/spool/omqueue/.hoststat/ entries). Dequeue with
    'sendmail -oQ/var/spool/omqueue -q -v' and after you're confident that
    most of the 'normal' e-mail is out grep the qf* files to dig out the
    ..tw entries and throw away those {d,q}f* files. After that dequeue
    again 'till the queue is empty and you're done.

    > Thanks in advance for cleaning up my queue!
    >
    > With best regards,
    >
    > Erik

    Regards,
    Henk

    --
    Henk Roose
    CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica

  3. Re: deleting selected/filtered mails in sendmail queue

    Henk Roose wrote:

    > Erik,
    >
    > Erik Dörnbach wrote:
    >
    > > Hello list,
    > >
    > > I had some trouble with an misconfigured "ms isa server" in my network, which in return had an misconfigured "ms exchange" behind it, which acted as a kind of openrelay (ooh, those people!).
    > >
    > > The problem is now, my sendmail box - being the smarthost for the exchange - has a queue full of undeliverable notices for fake-addresses now, the lot going somewhere to ".tw" .
    > >
    > > As I'm pretty sure none of our customers really has email contact with taiwan I'm looking for an easy way to get those messages out of my queue without touching any other emails.
    > >
    > > Is there anything available either in sendmail itself (something like sendmail -qR@blah.com, just for deleting and not queuerun) which I haven't found yet or some additional tools/scripts whatever.

    > Stop sendmail, cp -pr /var/spool/mqueue to say, /var/spool/omqueue, start

    Forgot to mention that before you start you have to remove all {d,q}f*
    files from /var/spool/mqueue.

    > sendmail again and do a couple of queueruns on that queue (be sure you
    > remove the /var/spool/omqueue/.hoststat/ entries). Dequeue with
    > 'sendmail -oQ/var/spool/omqueue -q -v' and after you're confident that
    > most of the 'normal' e-mail is out grep the qf* files to dig out the
    > .tw entries and throw away those {d,q}f* files. After that dequeue
    > again 'till the queue is empty and you're done.
    >
    > > Thanks in advance for cleaning up my queue!
    > >
    > > With best regards,
    > >
    > > Erik
    > >

    > Regards,
    > Henk
    >
    > --
    > Henk Roose
    > CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
    > Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
    > Amsterdam (NL)
    >

    > --

    Henk