Mention popcon in release notes - Debian

This is a discussion on Mention popcon in release notes - Debian ; As popcon will no longer automatically installed by Debian Installer (at least not for the Sarge release), maybe it would be a good idea to mention this in the Release Notes and to encourage ppl to install it manually. Cheers, ...

  1. Mention popcon in release notes

    As popcon will no longer automatically installed by Debian Installer (at
    least not for the Sarge release), maybe it would be a good idea to
    mention this in the Release Notes and to encourage ppl to install it
    manually.

    Cheers,
    Frans Pop

  2. Re: Mention popcon in release notes

    On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 02:39:20PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
    > As popcon will no longer automatically installed by Debian Installer (at
    > least not for the Sarge release), maybe it would be a good idea to
    > mention this in the Release Notes and to encourage ppl to install it
    > manually.

    I think that's a good idea, as long as the mention explains the popcon
    package in enough detail for users to make an informed decision about the
    confidentiality of their site info before they've gone to the effort of
    downloading the package.

    --
    Steve Langasek
    postmodern programmer