Hello,
during the development of Sarge, the german quotes signs (in glibc) have been
changed, which has been unanimously (!) found visually very
unpleasing by the german translation team. Since the glibc-maintainers
decided to postpone a resolution post-Sarge, a notice is required to
german users because after upgrade their system from Woody to Sarge
they will experience those visually degraded quote signs.

The entire reasoning and discussion can be found in [1] (and in the
threads cited there), some proposals for the proper wording have been
made in this thread as well, e.g., notice the discussion starting at
[2].

I think it would be a good idea to present your wording to the german
translation team[3] for discussion.

Greetings

Helge

P.S. Please CC: me on replies, I am not subscribed to debian-doc (or
better yet, discuss it on [3] as I will be mostly offline for the next
1.5 weeks).

P.P.S. I was informed that the Release-Notes will be shaped in this
list. If this is wrong, please tell me the relevant list.
Thanks.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-relea.../msg00496.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-relea.../msg00527.html
[3] debian-l10n-german@lists.debian.org