Re: home for the d-i manual - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: home for the d-i manual - Debian ; ( for people of -doc, this thread started at -boot@l.d.o ) On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:59:35AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote: > Frans Pop wrote: > > There currently is a little inconsistency in the naming of that file. ...

  1. Re: home for the d-i manual

    ( for people of -doc, this thread started at -boot@l.d.o )

    On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:59:35AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
    > Frans Pop wrote:
    > > There currently is a little inconsistency in the naming of that file.
    > > For RC1 the file was named pxeboot.tar.gz. For the daily builds (and the
    > > next release), the file has been renamed netboot.tar.gz.
    > > The manual obviously uses the 'current' name.
    > >
    > > Joey: Would it be possible to rename the file for RC1?

    > It's doable.. more generally there's other stuff in the manual that has
    > changed since rc1, like support for preseeding. Perhaps we should point
    > users of a release at the version of the manual built for that release
    > (the one in the same directory as the release), rather than the
    > development build of the manual.

    By defining a place at www.ya.debian.org for debian-installer manual,
    ( proposal: http://www.ya.debian.org/doc/user-ma...bian-installer )
    development can be done at d-i.alioth.d.o.
    ( adding "copy manual to www.d.o./doc" to release procedure of d-i
    will do the trick in the future )

    Cheers
    Geert Stappers

  2. Re: home for the d-i manual

    On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:57:13PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
    > ( for people of -doc, this thread started at -boot@l.d.o )
    >
    > On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 11:59:35AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
    > > Frans Pop wrote:
    > > > There currently is a little inconsistency in the naming of that file.
    > > > For RC1 the file was named pxeboot.tar.gz. For the daily builds (and the
    > > > next release), the file has been renamed netboot.tar.gz.
    > > > The manual obviously uses the 'current' name.
    > > >
    > > > Joey: Would it be possible to rename the file for RC1?

    > > It's doable.. more generally there's other stuff in the manual that has
    > > changed since rc1, like support for preseeding. Perhaps we should point
    > > users of a release at the version of the manual built for that release
    > > (the one in the same directory as the release), rather than the
    > > development build of the manual.

    > By defining a place at www.ya.debian.org for debian-installer manual,
    > ( proposal: http://www.ya.debian.org/doc/user-ma...bian-installer )
    > development can be done at d-i.alioth.d.o.
    > ( adding "copy manual to www.d.o./doc" to release procedure of d-i
    > will do the trick in the future )

    In another E-mail there was:
    | - the path to the installation manual on the mirrors has changed from
    | /dists/sarge/main/disks-i386/current/doc/install.txt to
    | /dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/doc/manual//index.html
    | (With being en or whatever)

    > Cheers
    > Geert Stappers

    Probably making too much noise