Status of sarge Release Notes? - Debian

This is a discussion on Status of sarge Release Notes? - Debian ; I would like to finalize French translation, are these Release Notes[1] almost ready or will there be large changes? In the latter case, can they please be done quickly? Thanks. Denis [1] http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sg...with_tag=sarge -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with ...

  1. Status of sarge Release Notes?

    I would like to finalize French translation, are these Release Notes[1]
    almost ready or will there be large changes? In the latter case,
    can they please be done quickly?
    Thanks.

    Denis
    [1] http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sg...with_tag=sarge

  2. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

  3. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

    On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 04:46:40PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
    > Hello Denis,
    >
    > I'd like to do a Dutch translation of the Release Notes.
    >
    > I see in svn that you created a po-file for the translation. Can you tell me
    > how you did that (or point me to a HOWTO)?

    Hi Frans,

    this French translation was managed with po-debiandoc for woody.
    In a nl subdirectory, you can run
    $ debiandoc2pot ../en/release-notes.en.sgml > release-notes.pot
    Then work as usual with your PO file, and eventually run
    $ po2debiandoc ../en/release-notes.en.sgml release-notes.nl.po > release-notes.nl.sgml
    to generate the translated document.
    This is not automatic because I did not want to add a build dependency
    against po-debiandoc.

    Please note that po4a is going to supersede po-debiandoc, but I did not
    yet check if the SGML module can be used on this document.

    And remember to checkout the sarge branch

    Denis

  4. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

  5. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

  6. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

  7. Re: Status of sarge Release Notes?

    On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 11:35:41PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

    > On Saturday 04 September 2004 23:14, Frans Pop wrote:
    > > Hmm. The debiandoc2pot command fails. The resulting release-notes.pot only
    > > contains a default header:

    > Solved. I did not have debiandoc-sgml installed. Missing dependency
    > (recommends/suggests)?
    > Found out by running 'nsgmls ../en/release-notes.en.sgml'.

    You are right, this dependency must be added.
    Thanks.

    Denis