xml editors. - Debian

This is a discussion on xml editors. - Debian ; Hello, What's everybody using as an xml editor? Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy? Thanks for any. Regards, David. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org...

  1. xml editors.

    Hello,

    What's everybody using as an xml editor?
    Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?
    Thanks for any.
    Regards,

    David.

  2. Re: xml editors.

    On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:41:57PM +0800, David Palmer wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > What's everybody using as an xml editor?

    Conglomerate, http://www.conglomerate.org
    A GNOME application, with the GNOME libs it does run on top of KDE.
    Written in C, so native code on your computer ( no java stuff )
    Released under the GNU Public License.

    apt-get install conglomerate

    > Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?

    What is xmlspy?

    > Thanks for any.

    You are welcome.

    > Regards,
    >
    > David.

    Cheers
    Geert Stappers

  3. Re: xml editors.

    On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:59:02AM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
    > On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 05:41:57PM +0800, David Palmer wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > What's everybody using as an xml editor?

    > Conglomerate, http://www.conglomerate.org
    > A GNOME application, with the GNOME libs it does run on top of KDE.
    > Written in C, so native code on your computer ( no java stuff )
    > Released under the GNU Public License.
    >
    > apt-get install conglomerate
    >
    > > Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?

    > What is xmlspy?

    http://www.xmlspy.com/download_spy_enterprise.html

    Here no Microsoft Windows

    > > Thanks for any.

    > You are welcome.
    >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > David.

    > Cheers
    > Geert Stappers

  4. Re: xml editors.

    On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:41, David Palmer wrote:
    > What's everybody using as an xml editor?
    > Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?

    mlview (apt-get install mlview), there homepage is at
    http://www.freespiders.org/projects/gmlview/

  5. Re: xml editors.

    Pieter van Harmelen wrote:

    >On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:41, David Palmer wrote:
    >

    >>What's everybody using as an xml editor?
    >>Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?
    >>

    >mlview (apt-get install mlview), there homepage is at
    >http://www.freespiders.org/projects/gmlview/

    Thank you Pieter and Geert.
    Regards,

    David.

  6. Re: xml editors.

    On Aug 31, David Palmer (david@weavers-web.org) wrote:
    > Pieter van Harmelen wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 11:41, David Palmer wrote:
    > >

    > >>What's everybody using as an xml editor?
    > >>Is there a debian equivalent to xmlspy?
    > >>

    > >mlview (apt-get install mlview), there homepage is at
    > >http://www.freespiders.org/projects/gmlview/
    > >

    > Thank you Pieter and Geert.
    > Regards,
    >
    > David.

    I use psgml mode in Emacs. Understands DTDs, so it will only let you add a
    valid element, indents properly, has commands to validate the document, etc.
    If there is an error during validation, it can jump to the next error in the
    standard Emacs way.

    --
    Neil Roeth