Re: Debian User Reference Manual (HTML) - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: Debian User Reference Manual (HTML) - Debian ; On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 09:57, David Mc Dowell wrote: > Hello Oliver, > > I am a new ARM Linux user trying to get to grips with Linux CLI! > > > > > Something seems to have happened to ...

  1. Re: Debian User Reference Manual (HTML)

    On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 09:57, David Mc Dowell wrote:
    > Hello Oliver,
    >
    > I am a new ARM Linux user trying to get to grips with Linux CLI!
    >

    > Something seems to have happened to the HTML version of the above,
    > the body content of chapters 1,2,3,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
    > has gone missing...
    >
    > Chapters 4,6, 9, and 11 display just fine!
    >
    > Will you investigate please.

    It is some years since I was actively involved with the docs, so I am
    forwarding this to the debian-doc list.

    Oliver Elphick

  2. Re: Debian User Reference Manual (HTML)

    Hi, David (Hi, Oliver see below)

    On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:23:19PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
    > On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 09:57, David Mc Dowell wrote:
    > > Hello Oliver,
    > >
    > > I am a new ARM Linux user trying to get to grips with Linux CLI!
    > >

    > > Something seems to have happened to the HTML version of the above,
    > > the body content of chapters 1,2,3,5,7,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
    > > has gone missing...
    > >
    > > Chapters 4,6, 9, and 11 display just fine!
    > >
    > > Will you investigate please.

    I thought it stalled. There were no content in many chapters.

    I ended up creating a new document "Debian Reference" which also has
    many CLI things.

    See
    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/re...erence.en.html

    or its tuorial section:
    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/re...torial.en.html

    > It is some years since I was actively involved with the docs, so I am
    > forwarding this to the debian-doc list.
    >
    > Oliver Elphick

    Oliver:

    Can we consider this being official orphaning of this source by you?

    This manual has already been labeled "obsoleted".

    If you agree, I would like DDP to remove this tree to avoid similar
    questions.

    FYI: I gave credit to these documents as:

    Some parts of "Tutorial" section were derived from

    * "Debian Tutorial" by Havoc Pennington, Oliver Elphick, Ole Tetlie,
    James Treacy, Craig Sawyer, and Ivan E. Moore II. (This document was
    derived from "Linux User's Guide" by Larry Greenfield.)
    * "Debian GNU/Linux: Guide to Installation and Usage" by John Goerzen
    and Ossama Othman.

    It was very good starting point for me. I hope "Debian Reference"
    covers what you aimed. Thank you creating good starting point.

    Osamu

+ Reply to Thread