Remove release notes from DDP - Debian

This is a discussion on Remove release notes from DDP - Debian ; Howdy, It appears that the woody release notes were included in both the boot-floppies and DDP CVS repositories. The online version based on the DDP CVS repository has the S/390 version in place of the i386 version (bug 231852), which ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remove release notes from DDP

  1. Remove release notes from DDP

    Howdy,

    It appears that the woody release notes were included in both the
    boot-floppies and DDP CVS repositories. The online version based
    on the DDP CVS repository has the S/390 version in place of the
    i386 version (bug 231852), which does not occur for the version
    based on the boot-floppies CVS repository.

    Would someone please remove the release notes from the DDP CVS
    repository?

    --
    Matt Kraai kraai@ftbfs.org http://ftbfs.org/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  2. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    Hi,

    On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:21:25AM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > Howdy,
    >
    > It appears that the woody release notes were included in both the
    > boot-floppies and DDP CVS repositories. The online version based
    > on the DDP CVS repository has the S/390 version in place of the
    > i386 version (bug 231852), which does not occur for the version
    > based on the boot-floppies CVS repository.
    >
    > Would someone please remove the release notes from the DDP CVS
    > repository?


    To my mind we should do the inverse. IIRC (cvs currently down) the
    boof-floppies repository has not been restored since the compomission.
    Moreover, do not forget that in a future (that I expect near), we will
    moved the ddp to alioth.

    What we have to do, check which of the two is up to date, and the move
    the boot-floppies file to ddp. Boot-floppies provided a tool to check
    whether translations were up to date or not. IRRC that it was the case
    of the ddp repository. (Can't check since gluck is down).

    Finaly, it's possible that a new revision of woody will be published, if
    the release notes belongs to the boot-floppies repository, they could
    not be update.

    Cheers,
    --
    Pierre Machard
    http://debian.org
    GPG: 1024D/23706F87 : B906 A53F 84E0 49B6 6CF7 82C2 B3A0 2D66 2370 6F87


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFAufMhs6AtZiNwb4cRAiZkAJ9dcIp9zVvCGKCUO4HIaP rb0ExaNwCgoTZ2
    JoOQ28payGM7ra1GDANFOtI=
    =Cl6/
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  3. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 04:43:45PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
    > On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:21:25AM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > > Howdy,
    > >
    > > It appears that the woody release notes were included in both the
    > > boot-floppies and DDP CVS repositories. The online version based
    > > on the DDP CVS repository has the S/390 version in place of the
    > > i386 version (bug 231852), which does not occur for the version
    > > based on the boot-floppies CVS repository.
    > >
    > > Would someone please remove the release notes from the DDP CVS
    > > repository?

    >
    > To my mind we should do the inverse. IIRC (cvs currently down) the
    > boof-floppies repository has not been restored since the compomission.
    > Moreover, do not forget that in a future (that I expect near), we will
    > moved the ddp to alioth.


    I'd be happy for the debian-doc team to maintain the release
    notes.

    > What we have to do, check which of the two is up to date, and the move
    > the boot-floppies file to ddp. Boot-floppies provided a tool to check
    > whether translations were up to date or not. IRRC that it was the case
    > of the ddp repository. (Can't check since gluck is down).


    I've fixed a few problems in the working copy based on the
    boot-floppies used for the Installation Manual link. You can find
    it at

    file://www-master.debian.org:/org/www.debian.org/bf/woody/boot-floppies

    Would you please include these changes?

    Also, where should I reassign 231852?

    --
    Matt Kraai kraai@ftbfs.org http://ftbfs.org/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  4. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    Hi,

    On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:28:06PM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 04:43:45PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
    > > On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 09:21:25AM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > > > Howdy,
    > > >
    > > > It appears that the woody release notes were included in both the
    > > > boot-floppies and DDP CVS repositories. The online version based
    > > > on the DDP CVS repository has the S/390 version in place of the
    > > > i386 version (bug 231852), which does not occur for the version
    > > > based on the boot-floppies CVS repository.
    > > >
    > > > Would someone please remove the release notes from the DDP CVS
    > > > repository?

    > >
    > > To my mind we should do the inverse. IIRC (cvs currently down) the
    > > boof-floppies repository has not been restored since the compomission.


    Verified. Moreover the archive of boot-floppies has been deleted

    [...]
    >
    > I'd be happy for the debian-doc team to maintain the release
    > notes.
    >
    > > What we have to do, check which of the two is up to date, and the move
    > > the boot-floppies file to ddp. Boot-floppies provided a tool to check
    > > whether translations were up to date or not. IRRC that it was the case
    > > of the ddp repository. (Can't check since gluck is down).


    It seems that Josip already moved release notes to ddp.

    > I've fixed a few problems in the working copy based on the
    > boot-floppies used for the Installation Manual link. You can find
    > it at
    >
    > file://www-master.debian.org:/org/www.debian.org/bf/woody/boot-floppies
    >
    > Would you please include these changes?
    >
    > Also, where should I reassign 231852?


    The question is how www.d.o/doc/manuals/ is managed ?

    And are there a lot of directories like this one that are not mentionned
    in the webwml repository ?

    I need to understand how it works in order to help.

    In my checkout (ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes)
    When running
    export architecture=i386
    make en

    The file release-notes.en.txt is OK

    Cheers,
    --
    Pierre Machard
    http://debian.org
    GPG: 1024D/23706F87 : B906 A53F 84E0 49B6 6CF7 82C2 B3A0 2D66 2370 6F87


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFAu2Hps6AtZiNwb4cRAm8iAJ9OA0XY4Wgx0pBN8CALBz yRXiIeKQCg5SoR
    aE8E9Ooquh36H8ksfoCmnB0=
    =We+v
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  5. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 06:48:41PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
    > On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:28:06PM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > > I've fixed a few problems in the working copy based on the
    > > boot-floppies used for the Installation Manual link. You can find
    > > it at
    > >
    > > file://www-master.debian.org:/org/www.debian.org/bf/woody/boot-floppies
    > >
    > > Would you please include these changes?
    > >
    > > Also, where should I reassign 231852?

    >
    > The question is how www.d.o/doc/manuals/ is managed ?


    It is updated by the cron/parts/7doc_manuals script in the webwml
    repository at cvs.debian.org. The specific command is

    make -C manuals.sgml publish

    > And are there a lot of directories like this one that are not mentionned
    > in the webwml repository ?


    Not too many, mainly boot-floppies directories.

    > I need to understand how it works in order to help.
    >
    > In my checkout (ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes)
    > When running
    > export architecture=i386
    > make en
    >
    > The file release-notes.en.txt is OK


    I'll have a look at this when I have a chance.

    --
    Matt Kraai kraai@ftbfs.org http://ftbfs.org/


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

  6. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    Hi,

    On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:05:07PM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    [...]
    > > In my checkout (ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes)
    > > When running
    > > export architecture=i386
    > > make en
    > >
    > > The file release-notes.en.txt is OK

    >
    > I'll have a look at this when I have a chance.


    Did you finaly succeed ?

    Cheers,
    --
    Pierre Machard
    http://debian.org
    GPG: 1024D/23706F87 : B906 A53F 84E0 49B6 6CF7 82C2 B3A0 2D66 2370 6F87


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFA9oyBs6AtZiNwb4cRAlVyAJ9NM3Ve1FOxCnhNaCxNOg L0TQCHOQCgqMQM
    zUQ4WlWO4i4G6KWsol5JlDo=
    =UnTD
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


  7. Re: Remove release notes from DDP

    On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:54:09PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:05:07PM -0300, Matt Kraai wrote:
    > [...]
    > > > In my checkout (ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes)
    > > > When running
    > > > export architecture=i386
    > > > make en
    > > >
    > > > The file release-notes.en.txt is OK

    > >
    > > I'll have a look at this when I have a chance.

    >
    > Did you finaly succeed ?
    >
    > Cheers,



    >From looking back at the archive on this issue it looks like there may

    have been some confusion regarding the release notes. Some time ago
    (long before the intrusion and the removal of b-f), Joy moved the
    release-notes to to the DDP cvs and subsequently altered the webwml
    configuration to get them to build correctly.

    I've now since branched to give use a sarge branch which I will merge
    down to head once we have completed the release. I'm going to approache
    debian-www about building this for the /releases/sarge/ page.

    Cheers,

    Rob
    --
    Rob 'robster' Bradford
    http://robster.org.uk


    --
    To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-doc-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

+ Reply to Thread