rutebook : Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition - Debian

This is a discussion on rutebook : Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition - Debian ; I think "rutebook" package is very nice online resource[*]. This is missing in our DDP web links. This prompted me to review things. I compaired few packages in terms of links http://www.debian.org/doc and http://www.debian.org/doc/books * linuxcookbook (main) - link in ...

  1. rutebook : Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition

    I think "rutebook" package is very nice online resource[*]. This is
    missing in our DDP web links. This prompted me to review things.

    I compaired few packages in terms of links
    http://www.debian.org/doc and http://www.debian.org/doc/books

    * linuxcookbook (main) - link in doc & doc/books
    GFDL

    * rutebook (non-free, sarge and later) - no-link
    Linux: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition
    Paul Sheer
    More restrictive than GFDL for printing but online version is
    distributable in non-free

    * dwarfs-debian-guide (main, woody only) - link in doc/books
    This was for potato.
    I thought there were some limitation for printed copy distribution, if
    I remember correct.

    I think rutebook should be mentioned at least in the link in doc/books.

    Osamu
    --[*] Karsten Self's recent debian-user message remainted me.

  2. Re: rutebook : Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition

    Osamu Aoki writes:

    > I think rutebook should be mentioned at least in the link in doc/books.

    Sure, you should make it so, I think. Although some might argue that
    we shouldn't publicize non-free stuff?

    --
    ......Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....

  3. Re: rutebook : Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition

    On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:47:24AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
    > Osamu Aoki writes:
    >
    > > I think rutebook should be mentioned at least in the link in doc/books.

    > Sure, you should make it so, I think. Although some might argue that
    > we shouldn't publicize non-free stuff?

    That's why "at least in the link in doc/books". This page lists books
    which describes Debian system but most of them are in the proprietary
    paper book format only (not even free-bear nor GFDL on-line document
    availability).

    Osamu