"Debian Linux 3.0" "woody" - Debian

This is a discussion on "Debian Linux 3.0" "woody" - Debian ; Sir, I would like to know the support policy of debian for their releases and the ship and the end of life date for the "debian linux 3.0"/ "woody". I would also like to know what type of support eg. ...

  1. "Debian Linux 3.0" "woody"

    Sir,
    I would like to know the support policy of debian for their releases and the ship and the end of life date for the "debian linux 3.0"/ "woody".
    I would also like to know what type of support eg. maintenance, full support Debian provides for the "woody",
    Can you provide a link on your website in support for this.

    Thanks,
    sachin

  2. Re: "Debian Linux 3.0" "woody"

    On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 06:24:36PM +0530, Sachin Zope wrote:

    > I would like to know the support policy of debian for their
    > releases and the ship and the end of life date for the "debian linux
    > 3.0"/ "woody". I would also like to know what type of support eg.
    > maintenance, full support Debian provides for the "woody", Can you
    > provide a link on your website in support for this.

    You are OT in this list. Anyway, the oldstable "potato" has been
    supported (for security updates) for 1 year after the release of current
    stable "woody". Information about releases and plans are at
    http://www.debian.org/releases/

    --
    Francesco P. Lovergine

  3. Re: "Debian Linux 3.0" "woody"

    On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:24:19 +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine
    posted to debian-doc:
    > On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 06:24:36PM +0530, Sachin Zope wrote:
    >> I would like to know the support policy of debian for their
    >> releases and the ship and the end of life date for the "debian linux
    >> 3.0"/ "woody". I would also like to know what type of support eg.
    >> maintenance, full support Debian provides for the "woody", Can you
    >> provide a link on your website in support for this.

    > You are OT in this list. Anyway, the oldstable "potato" has been
    > supported (for security updates) for 1 year after the release of current
    > stable "woody". Information about releases and plans are at
    > http://www.debian.org/releases/

    The way I read the question, the OP may be to assuming that Debian is
    a commercial organization with a support staff. This is not the case.
    Debian is a volunteer effort and commercial-grade support is not
    available from the Debian organization directly.

    Granted, in practice Debian is a rather well-supported Linux
    distribution, but this is the result of generous contributions by
    volunteer support engineers (if you can call them that).

    Perhaps this should be added to the Debian FAQ somewhere?

    See also and
    .
    However, the former is not very specific at all on this issue, and the
    latter is too specific -- the support discussion applies to Progeny,
    not Debian.

    /* era */

    "intropdedian"?

    --