Release notes - pdf - Debian

This is a discussion on Release notes - pdf - Debian ; I'm looking for a printable pdf version of the Release Notes for Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (`woody'), Intel x86. I found the web pages, but I can't find a printable pdf version. Can you please send me it? Thanks, Matt ------------------------------ ...

  1. Release notes - pdf

    I'm looking for a printable pdf version of the Release Notes for Debian
    GNU/Linux 3.0 (`woody'), Intel x86. I found the web pages, but I can't find
    a printable pdf version. Can you please send me it?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    ------------------------------
    Matthew B. Maison
    mattmaison@hotmail.com

  2. Re: Release notes - pdf

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:01:54 -0800, Matt Maison
    posted to debian-doc:
    > I'm looking for a printable pdf version of the Release Notes for
    > Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (`woody'), Intel x86. I found the web pages, but
    > I can't find a printable pdf version. Can you please send me it?

    /* era */

    --
    formail -s procmail <http://www.iki.fi/era/spam/ >http://www.euro.cauce.org/
    cat | more | cathttp://www.debian.org/

  3. Re: Release notes - pdf

    On 05 Feb 2004 08:18:49 +0200, I posted to debian-doc:
    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:01:54 -0800, Matt Maison
    > posted to debian-doc:
    >> I'm looking for a printable pdf version of the Release Notes for
    >> Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (`woody'), Intel x86. I found the web pages, but
    >> I can't find a printable pdf version. Can you please send me it?

    Oops, looks like all the stuff in that directory is actually for S/390 :-!

    /* era */

    --
    formail -s procmail <http://www.iki.fi/era/spam/ >http://www.euro.cauce.org/
    cat | more | cathttp://www.debian.org/

  4. Re: Release notes - pdf

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:14:48 -0800, Matt Maison
    wrote:
    <<
    << are actually for S/390, apparently by mistake.
    > So what is the link for i386...?

    I looked around but couldn't find one.

    Actually, I don't think there's much in the S/390 release notes which
    are different from the i386 notes. They are all generated from the
    same source.

    Unfortunately, the Debian servers were compromised in November and as
    a consequence, some of the stuff is still not available on-line. In
    particular, I believe the release-notes section of the doc tree is
    still pending restoration from backups and sanity checking.

    I would just wait for the documentation team to catch up and put the
    i386 files where they belong. Or else, you could just print out (or
    generate PDF from) the web pages -- it's only six pages after all.

    Hope this helps,

    /* era */

    --
    formail -s procmail <http://www.iki.fi/era/spam/ >http://www.euro.cauce.org/
    cat | more | cathttp://www.debian.org/

  5. Re: Release notes - pdf

    On 06 Feb 2004 07:39:28 +0200, I posted to debian-doc:
    > I would just wait for the documentation team to catch up and put the
    > i386 files where they belong.

    This is now bug #231852

    /* era */