BTS is taking a lot of time to process emails recently - Debian

This is a discussion on BTS is taking a lot of time to process emails recently - Debian ; Emails to control server address take a lot of time to process. This started some days ago. Temporarily it worked fast but again it has problems. Is it spam detection or some other cause? I noticed that it uses SpamAssassin ...

  1. BTS is taking a lot of time to process emails recently

    Emails to control server address take a lot of time to
    process. This started some days ago. Temporarily it worked fast but again it
    has problems. Is it spam detection or some other cause?
    I noticed that it uses SpamAssassin version 2.60 that is old. New versions
    (3.2.0+) support sa-compile to speed up processing.

  2. Re: BTS is taking a lot of time to process emails recently

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Touko Korpela wrote:
    > Emails to control server address take a lot of time to
    > process. This started some days ago.

    A few days ago I was running the archive scripts,[1] which took about
    36 hours to complete the backlog, with interruptions every 2 or so
    hours to allow messages which had queued to get processed. [Expiration
    takes out locks which block all but the most trivial modifications.]

    At thex time being, the BTS is processing messages every 3 minutes
    again, so in most cases (when the BTS isn't being DoSed by spam) your
    messages should be processed within minutes.

    Don Armstrong

    1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel.../msg00004.html
    --
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    -- Robert Heinlein

    http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu