GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action? - Debian

This is a discussion on GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action? - Debian ; Hello, libgsasl and libntlm are maintained by Yvan Bassuel and were uploaded by Anibal Salazar. I am CC'ing them. Two weeks ago I've sent an email no Yvan, asking if he was still interested in maintaining those packages. Both have ...

  1. GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action?

    Hello,

    libgsasl and libntlm are maintained by Yvan Bassuel and were uploaded by
    Anibal Salazar. I am CC'ing them.

    Two weeks ago I've sent an email no Yvan, asking if he was still
    interested in maintaining those packages. Both have newer upstream
    versions. There is a bug with a patch for libgsasl7 that was not
    answered by Yvan. It is dated as of last December. libgasl7 and libntlm0
    were last uploaded in March 2006 and June 2006, respectively. I've sent
    another message to Yvan on Monday.

    Does anyone know the whereabouts of Yvan? May I consider him missing in
    action?

    I am interested in maintaining those packages. How should I proceed? NMU
    before taking maintainership and wait another two weeks? Take
    maintainership now? Or wait another two weeks and, then, uploading those
    new versions? (I will need sponsorship, but that I can arrange.)

    Best Regards,
    Thadeu Cascardo.

  2. Re: GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action?

    On Thursday 14 June 2007 04:20:53 cascardo@minaslivre.org wrote:
    > Two weeks ago I've sent an email no Yvan, asking if he was still
    > interested in maintaining those packages. Both have newer upstream
    > versions. There is a bug with a patch for libgsasl7 that was not
    > answered by Yvan. It is dated as of last December. libgasl7 and libntlm0
    > were last uploaded in March 2006 and June 2006, respectively. I've sent
    > another message to Yvan on Monday.

    i also sent him a mail more than a week ago without reply. i'd like to see
    this lib updated on debian and i could help if you are looking for
    co-maintainers.

    regards.

  3. Re: GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action?

    Jorge Salamero Sanz writes:

    > On Thursday 14 June 2007 04:20:53 cascardo@minaslivre.org wrote:
    >> Two weeks ago I've sent an email no Yvan, asking if he was still
    >> interested in maintaining those packages. Both have newer upstream
    >> versions. There is a bug with a patch for libgsasl7 that was not
    >> answered by Yvan. It is dated as of last December. libgasl7 and libntlm0
    >> were last uploaded in March 2006 and June 2006, respectively. I've sent
    >> another message to Yvan on Monday.

    > i also sent him a mail more than a week ago without reply. i'd like to see
    > this lib updated on debian and i could help if you are looking for
    > co-maintainers.

    I'm the upstream author, and there has been some API additions since the
    version that's in Debian that may be useful for some applications, so
    I'd like to see a new version of this package in Debian too. If you
    have any questions or problems when trying to upload an updated package,
    I'd be happy to help.

    /Simon

  4. Re: GSASL Maintainer Missing in Action?

    It's a good think to CC mia@qa.debian.org in those cases for tracking.

    --
    Francesco P. Lovergine