i386 33meg boot iso - Debian

This is a discussion on i386 33meg boot iso - Debian ; To: All Wow!!! I have tried to install debian 4 or 5 times and hungup on vidio drivers or mem address for the drivers. I downloaded the 33 meg. i386 boot iso on 6/4/07 daily build #2 It whent from ...

  1. i386 33meg boot iso

    To: All

    Wow!!! I have tried to install debian 4 or 5 times and hungup on vidio drivers or mem address for the drivers.

    I downloaded the 33 meg. i386 boot iso on 6/4/07 daily build #2 It whent from boot to a desktop system in 35-40 minutes with only input at the prompts. If you need any other info from me, email me at:

    rdelo@bellsouth.net

    I will be away from my computer for about 12 days but I will be checking email.

    Thank you !!! Russ Delo

  2. Re: i386 33meg boot iso

    rdelo@bellsouth.net dijo [Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:19:25PM -0400]:
    > To: All
    >
    > Wow!!! I have tried to install debian 4 or 5 times and hungup on vidio drivers or mem address for the drivers.
    >
    > I downloaded the 33 meg. i386 boot iso on 6/4/07 daily build #2 It
    > whent from boot to a desktop system in 35-40 minutes with only
    > input at the prompts. If you need any other info from me, email
    > me at:
    >
    > rdelo@bellsouth.net
    >
    > I will be away from my computer for about 12 days but I will be checking email.

    Hi,

    This list is targetted at the development of Debian, not at user
    support. You will find better answers if you try
    debian-user@lists.debian.org

    Also, I suggest you try contacting them when you are actually able to
    implement the possible answers you get - Usually, user help is not
    limited to a recipe, but can be a process that requires several mail
    interchanges.

    Greetings

    PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23
    Fingerprint: 0C79 D2D1 2C4E 9CE4 5973 F800 D80E F35A 8BB5 27AF

  3. Re: i386 33meg boot iso

    On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 11:14:14AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
    > rdelo@bellsouth.net dijo [Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:19:25PM -0400]:
    > > To: All
    > >

    > This list is targetted at the development of Debian, not at user
    > support. You will find better answers if you try
    > debian-user@lists.debian.org

    I think you may have missed the context of this: as I read this, this is
    simply a "Thanks for everything: I've tried installing Debian before
    with no success but this time it only took 40 minutes to get me a fully
    running Debian desktop and system - good work guys " type post so
    intended as a thanks to the project and developers. I'm not sure he's
    still having problems

    It's always nice when someone posts a success story: I try to point out
    to people that Debian's no longer difficult to install but that you may
    need to know what hardware's in your computer and be prepared to make
    some preparations.

    Thanks to all at Debian for making this stuff work and making my work
    life easier

    All the best,

    Andy