> Frankly, helping vendors of non-free software lies far below the
> ability to provide our users the option to do partial upgrades,
> apt-pinning, etc.
>
> If we are not going to impact the utility to the users; I am
> indifferent to adding things to help non-free software vendors.

Apart from the fact that the above may very well explain why Debian is
not used in all places where it should be used, I don't really see
what hurts in having a lenny system where "lsb_release -n" reports
"Debian GNU/Linux 4.1beta (lenny)" or something similar....at least
*not* "Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 (etch)".