forcedeth driver not working - Debian

This is a discussion on forcedeth driver not working - Debian ; Hi, I have a new desktop with an nforce 590 sli chipset on the motherboard. I have installed both windows and Debian. I want to connect to my router/adsl modem via ethernet. I can connect via USB in Debian, but ...

  1. forcedeth driver not working

    Hi, I have a new desktop with an nforce 590 sli chipset on the
    motherboard. I have installed both windows and Debian.
    I want to connect to my router/adsl modem via ethernet.
    I can connect via USB in Debian, but my router only has one usb port and
    I'd rather keep that for something else.
    The ethernet connection only seems to work in Windows. In Debian I get:
    No DCHPOFFERS received
    I have checked lsmod & lshw, and am using the forcedeth driver.
    According to the nvidia website this is the correct driver to use.
    They offer some rpm packages on their website, including source for
    forcedeth, which might be more up to date, but how would I use these
    with Debian?
    Any ideas?

  2. Re: forcedeth driver not working

    I demand that Joe Bloggs may or may not have written...

    > Hi, I have a new desktop with an nforce 590 sli chipset on the
    > motherboard. I have installed both windows and Debian.
    > I want to connect to my router/adsl modem via ethernet.
    > I can connect via USB in Debian, but my router only has one usb port and
    > I'd rather keep that for something else.
    > The ethernet connection only seems to work in Windows. In Debian I get:
    > No DCHPOFFERS received
    > I have checked lsmod & lshw, and am using the forcedeth driver.
    > According to the nvidia website this is the correct driver to use.
    > They offer some rpm packages on their website, including source for
    > forcedeth, which might be more up to date, but how would I use these
    > with Debian?
    > Any ideas?

    Check the interface by using ethtool. Otherwise, all that I can suggest is to
    try a kernel from testing/unstable - there may be something about that
    hardware which requires a newer kernel (if you're using stable).

    | + Generate power using sun, wind, water, nuclear. FORGET COAL AND OIL.

    And now, excuse me while I interrupt myself.

+ Reply to Thread