Kinit default !!! - Debian

This is a discussion on Kinit default !!! - Debian ; Hi, i have a Kubuntu Feisty Fawn in my laptop since april 2007. everything was ok. last week, i update my kernel headers (kernel version 2.6.20.16): First BUG: Kubuntu don't boot ! i reinstall the system (my /home is on ...

  1. Kinit default !!!

    Hi,

    i have a Kubuntu Feisty Fawn in my laptop since april 2007. everything was ok. last week, i update my kernel headers (kernel version 2.6.20.16):
    First BUG: Kubuntu don't boot ! i reinstall the system (my /home is on a different partition)
    Second BUG: when my system was installed and updated (with update of kernel headers) knetworkmanager didn't recognize my wifi network (and wifi network of my neighbourd) and even with RJ45 cable. i decided to reinstall kubuntu but i don't updated the kernel headers.
    Third BUG: (with version 2.6.20.15) as same as first bug. and i have a error message that Kinit was not found. it propose to download some dependancies who kinit coulb be installed, the package were found but it cannot download this.
    Last information: i install the NVIDIA drivers for linux. first, the shell says that it exists a file (.X0-lock) in /tmp who is recognize like a X11 server. i delete this file to continue the installation
    i don't know where is the problem.
    i'am a newbie but i want to continue to work with GNU/Linux
    Could you help me.

    Alex

  2. Re: Kinit default !!!

    Horton heard a Who named Alex saying:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i have a Kubuntu Feisty Fawn in my laptop since april 2007. everything was ok.
    > last week, i update my kernel headers (kernel version 2.6.20.16): First BUG:

    > i'am a newbie but i want to continue to work with GNU/Linux Could you help me.

    Alex, there's so much going on there; do yourself a favour and dump *buntu for
    it is a testing branch of Debian. Get the *real* stable Debian and install
    it *fresh*, except protect your personal/important files with a backup first.

    Here's a good starting point for you : http://www.debian.org/doc/

    --
    sk8r-365
    The only way to make Windows "secure":