Poor sound level - Debian

This is a discussion on Poor sound level - Debian ; Where are all the places that sound level can be set with Debian Linux/Gnome? I can't get the same volume levels (actually, not even close) as I can get in WIndows XP. Since it's the same hardware, it must be ...

  1. Poor sound level

    Where are all the places that sound level can be set with Debian
    Linux/Gnome? I can't get the same volume levels (actually, not even
    close) as I can get in WIndows XP. Since it's the same hardware, it must
    be a software problem.

    Dave

  2. Re: Poor sound level

    Horton heard a Who named Dave Murray saying:
    > Where are all the places that sound level can be set with Debian
    > Linux/Gnome? I can't get the same volume levels (actually, not even
    > close) as I can get in WIndows XP. Since it's the same hardware, it must
    > be a software problem.

    Assuming you're using ALSA, open a terminal and enter alsamixer.
    Make adjustments as needed.

    --
    sk8r-365
    The only way to make Windows "secure":

  3. Re: Poor sound level

    sk8r-365 wrote:
    > Horton heard a Who named Dave Murray saying:
    >> Where are all the places that sound level can be set with Debian
    >> Linux/Gnome? I can't get the same volume levels (actually, not even
    >> close) as I can get in WIndows XP. Since it's the same hardware, it must
    >> be a software problem.
    >>

    > Assuming you're using ALSA, open a terminal and enter alsamixer.
    > Make adjustments as needed.

    Thank you!

    Dave

  4. Re: Poor sound level

    In alt.os.linux.debian, Dave Murray had the audacity to say that:

    > sk8r-365 wrote:
    >> Horton heard a Who named Dave Murray saying:
    >>> Where are all the places that sound level can be set with Debian
    >>> Linux/Gnome? I can't get the same volume levels (actually, not even
    >>> close) as I can get in WIndows XP. Since it's the same hardware, it must
    >>> be a software problem.
    >>>

    >> Assuming you're using ALSA, open a terminal and enter alsamixer.
    >> Make adjustments as needed.
    >>

    > Thank you!
    >
    > Dave

    Also, some sound proggies include an equalizer with preamp.

    *R* *H*

    --
    If only one of Charles Chaplin's films could be preserved, ``City
    Lights'' (1931) would come the closest to representing all the

+ Reply to Thread