Newbie on Debian - Debian

This is a discussion on Newbie on Debian - Debian ; Hi, I try Debian for the first time, last week .... I have quick question: One of my applicaiton needs to use the source code of the Kernel. so I try apt-get install kernel-source 2.6-18-K7 It cannot find any source ...

  1. Newbie on Debian

    Hi,

    I try Debian for the first time, last week ....

    I have quick question:
    One of my applicaiton needs to use the source code of the Kernel.
    so I try apt-get install kernel-source 2.6-18-K7

    It cannot find any source code available for AMD K7 ??? Is that possible
    or did I miss something out ??

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: Newbie on Debian

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I try Debian for the first time, last week ....
    >
    > I have quick question:
    > One of my applicaiton needs to use the source code of the Kernel.
    > so I try apt-get install kernel-source 2.6-18-K7
    >
    > It cannot find any source code available for AMD K7 ??? Is that possible
    > or did I miss something out ??

    The kernel source is actually the source code for the linux kernel, and
    there is not specific version of k7 processors.

    You should be able to install the source code you require with:

    apt-get install linux-source-2.6.18

+ Reply to Thread