Gnomebaker error - Debian

This is a discussion on Gnomebaker error - Debian ; Debian Etch Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD. It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't test on any other OS. Here is what I read in the message window in Gomebaker: -------------------- CDB: ...

  1. Gnomebaker error

    Debian Etch

    Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    test on any other OS.

    Here is what I read in the message window in
    Gomebaker:
    --------------------
    CDB: 2A 00 FF FF FF 6A 00 00 1F 00
    status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
    resid: 63488
    cmd finished after 205.462s timeout 200s
    wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error
    CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00
    status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
    resid: 63488
    cmd finished after 205.464s timeout 200s
    wodim: A write error occured.
    wodim: Please properly read the error message above
    ----------------------------

    Anyone know what is going wrong and what can I
    do about it?

    Edmund

  2. Re: Gnomebaker error

    Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    > Debian Etch
    >
    > Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    > It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    > test on any other OS.

    We're not standing behind your shoulder watching your every move; unlike Mr.
    Gates. So, ... DVD burner and CD disc? OK, what disc is it - brand name,
    capacity? How much data were you trying to burn to it? Which LG? LG model
    number, connection type, etc. You're on which Linux distro - Debian, Ubuntu,
    Mandriva or about 200 others to choose from, and version (release)?

    > wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    > Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    Focus on that message. Show us the set up from the application -
    especially any "tweaks" you may have made.

    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  3. Re: Gnomebaker error

    Government satellites recorded sk8r-365 saying:
    > Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    >> Debian Etch
    >>

    > You're on which Linux distro - Debian, Ubuntu,
    > Mandriva or about 200 others to choose from, and version (release)?

    My bad, you have a line at the top - Debian Etch. Sorry.

    >> wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >> Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    > Focus on that message. Show us the set up from the application -
    > especially any "tweaks" you may have made.

    See if this info helps:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-b...msg264234.html
    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  4. Re: Gnomebaker error

    try k3b and see what happens is another burner i like it.

    sk8r-365 wrote:
    > Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    >> Debian Etch
    >>
    >> Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    >> It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    >> test on any other OS.

    > We're not standing behind your shoulder watching your every move; unlike Mr.
    > Gates. So, ... DVD burner and CD disc? OK, what disc is it - brand name,
    > capacity? How much data were you trying to burn to it? Which LG? LG model
    > number, connection type, etc. You're on which Linux distro - Debian, Ubuntu,
    > Mandriva or about 200 others to choose from, and version (release)?
    >

    >> wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >> Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    > Focus on that message. Show us the set up from the application -
    > especially any "tweaks" you may have made.

  5. Re: Gnomebaker error

    In article <46cb2f28$0$21174$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl>,
    Edmund wrote:
    >Debian Etch
    >
    >Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    >It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    >test on any other OS.
    >

    >Here is what I read in the message window in
    >Gomebaker:
    >--------------------
    >CDB: 2A 00 FF FF FF 6A 00 00 1F 00
    >status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
    >resid: 63488
    >cmd finished after 205.462s timeout 200s
    >wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error
    >CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00
    >status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
    >resid: 63488
    >cmd finished after 205.464s timeout 200s
    >wodim: A write error occured.
    >wodim: Please properly read the error message above
    >----------------------------
    >
    >Anyone know what is going wrong and what can I
    >do about it?

    Are you sure that you use a recent cdrecord version?

    If not (or if you use one of the bastardized versions), upgrade
    to a recent one:

    http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

    This is a contition that cannot happen with ATAPI drives.

    There is a well known miss-concept in the Linux kernel that causes
    Linux to return impossible SCSI status codes for every odd Linux
    release. This is because some places in the Linux kernel use
    shifted SCSI status code values and nobody from the hackers seem to know when
    there is a need to convert between these universes.

    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

  6. Re: Gnomebaker error

    In article <8frrp4-i0d.ln1@sk8r.hosts.bc1.bresnan.net>,
    sk8r-365 wrote:
    >Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    >> Debian Etch
    >>
    >> Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    >> It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    >> test on any other OS.

    >We're not standing behind your shoulder watching your every move; unlike Mr.
    >Gates. So, ... DVD burner and CD disc? OK, what disc is it - brand name,
    >capacity? How much data were you trying to burn to it? Which LG? LG model
    >number, connection type, etc. You're on which Linux distro - Debian, Ubuntu,
    >Mandriva or about 200 others to choose from, and version (release)?
    >

    >> wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >> Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    If you use wodim, you lost already......... you should better upgrade to a
    recent original from:

    http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

  7. Re: Gnomebaker error

    In article ,
    sk8r-365 wrote:

    >>> wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >>> Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    >> Focus on that message. Show us the set up from the application -
    >> especially any "tweaks" you may have made.
    >>

    >See if this info helps:
    >http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-b...msg264234.html

    This kind of problems is unknown with the original software.
    Try to upgrade to a recent original

    http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

  8. Re: Gnomebaker error

    In article <7yIyi.55440$rH6.41075@newsfe22.lga>, josh wrote:
    >try k3b and see what happens is another burner i like it.

    k3b just relies on a correctly working cdrecord.

    If you use wodim, the best idea is to upgrade to a recent original from:

    http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

  9. Re: Gnomebaker error

    Joerg Schilling wrote:

    > In article <8frrp4-i0d.ln1@sk8r.hosts.bc1.bresnan.net>,
    > sk8r-365 wrote:
    >>Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    >>> Debian Etch
    >>>
    >>> Hi I tried Gnomebaker to burn a re-writable CD.
    >>> It is a brand new DVD writer (LG) which I didn't
    >>> test on any other OS.

    >>We're not standing behind your shoulder watching your every move; unlike
    >>Mr. Gates. So, ... DVD burner and CD disc? OK, what disc is it - brand
    >>name, capacity? How much data were you trying to burn to it? Which LG? LG
    >>model number, connection type, etc. You're on which Linux distro - Debian,
    >>Ubuntu, Mandriva or about 200 others to choose from, and version
    >>(release)?
    >>

    >>> wodim: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
    >>> Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error

    > If you use wodim, you lost already......... you should better upgrade to a
    > recent original from:
    >
    > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/

    Hi Joerg.

    Good to see you here, I've seen your name
    before on a BeOS site.
    I upgraded to a lower version of your site
    and quess what?
    First CD I burned after that came out fine :-)

    Thanks a lot

    Edmund

  10. Re: Gnomebaker error

    josh wrote:

    > try k3b and see what happens is another burner i like it.

    K3b had the same problem, ( or worse ) after installing
    another cdrecord version as Joerg Shilling told,
    the first test went OK now :-)

    Edmund

  11. Re: Gnomebaker error

    On Aug 22, 12:03 pm, Edmund wrote:
    > josh wrote:
    > > try k3b and see what happens is another burner i like it.

    > K3b had the same problem, ( or worse ) after installing
    > another cdrecord version as Joerg Shilling told,
    > the first test went OK now :-)
    >
    > Edmund

    Please send in a bug report on the debian package you used. If you
    don't, it's a risk that it won't be fixed.

    Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread