SMTP port in evolution mail? - Debian

This is a discussion on SMTP port in evolution mail? - Debian ; Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port in Evolution mail? Edmund...

  1. SMTP port in evolution mail?

    Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port
    in Evolution mail?

    Edmund

  2. Re: SMTP port in evolution mail?

    Edmund wrote:
    > Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port
    > in Evolution mail?
    >
    > Edmund

    I don't use Evolution myself, but try doing a google on smtp port
    evolution. It should turn up some ideas.

  3. Re: SMTP port in evolution mail?

    On 08/19/2007 11:56 AM, Edmund wrote:
    > Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port
    > in Evolution mail?
    >
    > Edmund

    Tools-> Settings-> (your account name)-> Edit->
    Sending Mail-> Host

    Enter your SMTP server followed by a colon then the port number, e.g.

    smtp.outgoing.yahoo.com:587

  4. Re: SMTP port in evolution mail?

    Mumia W. wrote:

    > On 08/19/2007 11:56 AM, Edmund wrote:
    >> Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port
    >> in Evolution mail?
    >>
    >> Edmund

    > Tools-> Settings-> (your account name)-> Edit->
    > Sending Mail-> Host
    >
    > Enter your SMTP server followed by a colon then the port number, e.g.
    >
    > smtp.outgoing.yahoo.com:587

    Thanks!

    Edmund

  5. Re: SMTP port in evolution mail?

    Gary Dale wrote:

    > Edmund wrote:
    >> Is there any way to choose a different SMTP port
    >> in Evolution mail?
    >>
    >> Edmund

    > I don't use Evolution myself, but try doing a google on smtp port
    > evolution. It should turn up some ideas.

    Is working now :-)
    Although I had to use my whole email address to
    log in instead of only the first part like in the
    POP3.

    Edmund

+ Reply to Thread