Hello,

i want to record some old records but i don't get an input signal. With my
Win98 partition sound recording works. Furthermore i can *play* any sound
with Debian Linux.

System:
Debian Sarge stable
Kernelversion 2.4 (This means with no native Alsa support)
alsa-driver-1.0.2 compiled by myself
Sound Blaster Audigy whith module emu10k1

cat /proc/asound/devices
0: [0- 0]: ctl
4: [0- 0]: hardware dependent
9: [0- 1]: raw midi
8: [0- 0]: raw midi
19: [0- 3]: digital audio playback
26: [0- 2]: digital audio capture
25: [0- 1]: digital audio capture
16: [0- 0]: digital audio playback
24: [0- 0]: digital audio capture
1: : sequencer
6: [0- 2]: hardware dependent
10: [0- 2]: raw midi
11: [0- 3]: raw midi
33: : timer

cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [Audigy ]: Audigy - Sound Blaster Audigy
Sound Blaster Audigy (rev.3) at 0xd400, irq 10

Full duplex is active

So in my opinion everything looks good. But the mixer Kmix seems to have a
problem:
First of all in the card "output" igot "Input" and "Input2". Input shows a
green LED. According to a manual there has to be a red LED too. It doesn't
show. With a right mouseclick I controlled whether all channels are
checked. They are.
Second: The card Input shows nothing. The right mousecklick offers no
options for showing channels.

I gues the Alsa module causes the problem. But I couldn't find a hint in the
man pages, e.g. for an option when compiling the module.

Thanks in advance for any help or a proposal for a suitable newsgroup. Have
nice day.
--
Dirk Hartmann
Remove _nospam from my mail adress because of spam protection