Cannot open a saved web page! - Debian

This is a discussion on Cannot open a saved web page! - Debian ; Using Debian Etch GNOME Web Browser 2.14.3 Epiphany This page is giving me troubles : http://www.kamaradski.nl/josje/modul...ghlight=schema I don't understand the difference between Firefox and Epiphany. Where do I find Firefox, maybe that gives me some advantages in several video streams ...

  1. Cannot open a saved web page!

    Using Debian Etch
    GNOME Web Browser 2.14.3 Epiphany

    This page is giving me troubles :
    http://www.kamaradski.nl/josje/modul...ghlight=schema

    I don't understand the difference between Firefox and Epiphany.
    Where do I find Firefox, maybe that gives me some advantages
    in several video streams too.
    In synaptic I only find translations and whatnot but no
    webbrowser called Firefox.

    Edmund

  2. Re: Cannot open a saved web page!

    I demand that Edmund may or may not have written...

    > Using Debian Etch

    [snip]
    > In synaptic I only find translations and whatnot but no
    > webbrowser called Firefox.

    Try iceweasel. :-)

    | + Use more efficient products. Use less. BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

    The longest part of the journey is said to be the passing of the gate.

  3. Re: Cannot open a saved web page!

    Darren Salt wrote:

    > I demand that Edmund may or may not have written...
    >
    >> Using Debian Etch

    > [snip]
    >> In synaptic I only find translations and whatnot but no
    >> webbrowser called Firefox.

    > Try iceweasel. :-)

    I already did, it gave me more problems then Epiphany.
    Where is Firefox?

    Edmund

  4. Re: Cannot open a saved web page!

    Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:
    > Darren Salt wrote:
    >>
    >> Try iceweasel. :-)
    >>

    > I already did, it gave me more problems then Epiphany.
    > Where is Firefox?

    Iceweasel is FireFox re-branded.

    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  5. Re: Cannot open a saved web page!

    On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:04:19 +0200, Edmund wrote:

    > Using Debian Etch
    > GNOME Web Browser 2.14.3 Epiphany
    >
    > This page is giving me troubles :
    > http://www.kamaradski.nl/josje/modules.php?

    name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4753&highlight=schema

    > I don't understand the difference between Firefox and Epiphany. Where do
    > I find Firefox, maybe that gives me some advantages in several video
    > streams too.
    > In synaptic I only find translations and whatnot but no webbrowser
    > called Firefox.
    >
    > Edmund

    The way I always use/install Firefox, is by downloading the latest from
    Mozilla,

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

    this way I always have the latest, and as soon as it is released. I
    always install(just extract the contents of the .tar.gz) mine to /usr/
    local/firefox, then just make a shortcut/launcher pointing to /usr/local/
    firefox/firefox, make it the default browser, and away I go. When a new
    version is released I just delete the folder /usr/local/firefox, and
    extract the new one, and continue on. I also add -profilemanager to the
    command line, eg

    /usr/local/firefox/firefox -profilemanager

    and create a new profile, so as it doesn't mess up/have any problems with
    profiles made by certain distro's default firefox install, or in Debian's
    case, Iceweasel, and just select the new profile at browser star up.

    --
    Iva Biggun

  6. Re: Cannot open a saved web page!

    Edmund wrote:
    > Darren Salt wrote:
    >
    >> I demand that Edmund may or may not have written...
    >>
    >>> Using Debian Etch

    >> [snip]
    >>> In synaptic I only find translations and whatnot but no
    >>> webbrowser called Firefox.

    >> Try iceweasel. :-)

    > I already did, it gave me more problems then Epiphany.
    > Where is Firefox?

    iceweasel and firefox are the same program with different branding -
    Debian cannot use the firefox branding for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread