Followup Screen Resolution - Debian

This is a discussion on Followup Screen Resolution - Debian ; > Albert L Gerber wrote: I'm running WinXP on the C drive and >> Ubuntu on the second H/D or drive D. In Windows I can run the >> resolution at 800X600 which works for me. I'm assuming that the ...

  1. Followup Screen Resolution

    Signals wrote:
    > Run the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg in a command prompt, it's
    > likely X will guess correctly at what your video hardware is.

    Thanks Signals, After some problems with Debian accepting my pass words,
    either mine or administrative, along with Debian stopping in the middle
    of starting up I finally got the Root terminal to run the command and
    cured the problem with the resolution. It still doesn't like my
    passwords as I had to restart the program to get the resolution
    recognized. It stopped again asking for the password or typing in
    Control-D. It wouldn't take any of those things and it wasn't till I
    typed in Exit from the program that it continued on into The Debian Desk
    top.
    Thanks friends.

    Li'l Al

  2. Re: Followup Screen Resolution

    On Aug 9, 8:03 am, Albert Gerber wrote:
    > > Albert L Gerber wrote:

    > I'm running WinXP on the C drive and
    >
    > >> Ubuntu on the second H/D or drive D. In Windows I can run the
    > >> resolution at 800X600 which works for me. I'm assuming that the
    > >> resolution cause some of the program windows to expand beyond the
    > >> limits of the program screens.

    > >> Thanks, Li'l Al

    > Signals wrote:
    > > Run the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg in a command prompt, it's
    > > likely X will guess correctly at what your video hardware is.

    > Thanks Signals, After some problems with Debian accepting my pass words,
    > either mine or administrative, along with Debian stopping in the middle
    > of starting up I finally got the Root terminal to run the command and
    > cured the problem with the resolution. It still doesn't like my
    > passwords as I had to restart the program to get the resolution
    > recognized. It stopped again asking for the password or typing in
    > Control-D. It wouldn't take any of those things and it wasn't till I
    > typed in Exit from the program that it continued on into The Debian Desk
    > top.

    Prob. booted into singel user, and then it stops before going multi
    user.
    Ctrl-D (or exit command) continues booting into multi user mode.

  3. Re: Followup Screen Resolution

    > On Aug 9, 8:03 am, Albert Gerber wrote:
    >>> Albert L Gerber wrote:

    It still doesn't like my
    >> passwords as I had to restart the program to get the resolution
    >> recognized. It stopped again asking for the password or typing in
    >> Control-D. It wouldn't take any of those things and it wasn't till I
    >> typed in Exit from the program that it continued on into The Debian Desk
    >> top.

    >AJackson wrote:

    > Prob. booted into singel user, and then it stops before going multi
    > user.
    > Ctrl-D (or exit command) continues booting into multi user mode.

    Thanks AJackson,
    I haven't had any problems with the program booting lately but now I see
    why. I have just been letting Grubb handle the start up and it doesn't
    use the single user command. Now I can see the correlation.

    Li'l Al

+ Reply to Thread