Linux is a generation behind... - Debian

This is a discussion on Linux is a generation behind... - Debian ; On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:03:31 -0400, Pete wrote: >> Oh, get off the pot, you are stinking up the place. Your particular >> motherboard has an incompetently implimented APIC, so something breaks when >> it tries to run Linux. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Linux is a generation behind...

    On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:03:31 -0400, Pete wrote:

    >> Oh, get off the pot, you are stinking up the place. Your particular
    >> motherboard has an incompetently implimented APIC, so something breaks when
    >> it tries to run Linux. And you blame Linux. Millions of machines run Linux
    >> with APIC enabled. (I have 10 from 1998 vintage machines to this year's)
    >> all running apic. You bought a dud and blame Linux.

    > I have the same problem with ALL my most recent machines, except one Dell.

    That's because you're a moronic imbecile.

    Linux is not for you, dimwit. Stick with windoze.

  2. Re: Linux is a generation behind...

    Johnny Rebel schrieb:
    > ArameFarpado wrote:
    >
    >> Give me a Windows Live-Cd for me to try windows without installing it...
    >> will you?
    >>

    > DVD.
    >

    > JR.

    There _is_ actually a way to produce a Vista Live *CD* with a M$ Tool.

    I would never had believed it but I have actually bootet such a CD once.
    Nothing against a Debian or Ubuntu Live CD which allows quite a lot of
    what the OS is able to do but it works

  3. Re: Linux is a generation behind...

    On Aug 10, 3:03 am, Pete wrote:
    > Unruh wrote:
    > > "Pete" writes:

    > >>So you apply a magical fix to the ADVANCED Apic. Then ask yourself why it's
    > >>necessary if Linux is state of the art.

    > > Oh, get off the pot, you are stinking up the place. Your particular
    > > motherboard has an incompetently implimented APIC, so something breaks when
    > > it tries to run Linux. And you blame Linux. Millions of machines run Linux
    > > with APIC enabled. (I have 10 from 1998 vintage machines to this year's)
    > > all running apic. You bought a dud and blame Linux.

    > I have the same problem with ALL my most recent machines, except one Dell.

    Known BIOS problem on some machines. THATS why Lice Linux CD's don't
    activate it.
    Would render the Live CD useless on some machines. Better then to
    have all work, but not
    with full optimized kernel (which will give problems to a few
    machines).
    Install and you get it all, as you can adjust if needed.

  4. Re: Linux is a generation behind...

    "Johnny Rebel" wrote

    > Give me a Windows Live-Cd for me to try windows without installing it...
    > will you?

    What difference does that make? The Linux live CD is the best way to run
    Linux because you can't do anything worthy with it. Once you install Linux
    on your hard drive with the intent of putting it to work, it goes to ****
    (usually the same day)

  5. Re: Linux is a generation behind...

    * Mo Neal wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:

    > "Johnny Rebel" wrote

    >> Give me a Windows Live-Cd for me to try windows without installing it...
    >> will you?

    > What difference does that make? The Linux live CD is the best way to run
    > Linux because you can't do anything worthy with it. Once you install Linux
    > on your hard drive with the intent of putting it to work, it goes to ****
    > (usually the same day)

    Yeah, we'll take your word for it...

    --
    David

    < doogie> asuffield: how do you think dpkg was originally written? :|
    < asuffield> by letting iwj get dangerously near a computer
    -- in #debian-devel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2