Creating webpages for all users - Debian

This is a discussion on Creating webpages for all users - Debian ; Hi all, Recently I have bought (leased actually) a server. I've set everything up, all works fine. Now I have two problems. I need to host web pages. A lot of them. After adding about 50 of them by hand ...

  1. Creating webpages for all users

    Hi all,

    Recently I have bought (leased actually) a server.
    I've set everything up, all works fine.
    Now I have two problems.
    I need to host web pages. A lot of them.
    After adding about 50 of them by hand to httpd.conf it is getting a bit
    boring. Does anyone happen to know of a automated way to add subdomains
    to httpd.conf? And another problem I have is that I want all my users to
    have the opportunity to create a website in their home directory.
    I would be very thankful if someone could point me to some documentation
    on how to do this.

    Best regards,

    Wilbert Smeets
    Netherlands

  2. Re: Creating webpages for all users

    Am Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:07:10 +0200 schrieb Wilbert Smeets:

    > After adding about 50 of them by hand to httpd.conf it is getting a bit
    > boring. Does anyone happen to know of a automated way to add subdomains
    > to httpd.conf? And another problem I have is that I want all my users to
    > have the opportunity to create a website in their home directory.
    > I would be very thankful if someone could point me to some documentation
    > on how to do this.

    Hi,

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/de/vhosts/mass.html
    You could set the documentroot to
    either.

  3. Re: Creating webpages for all users

    Thank you very much!
    That is precisely the information I was looking for.
    A dynamic way to make those vhosts!

    Thanks,

    Wilbert

    Burkhard Ott wrote:
    > Am Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:07:10 +0200 schrieb Wilbert Smeets:
    >
    >> After adding about 50 of them by hand to httpd.conf it is getting a bit
    >> boring. Does anyone happen to know of a automated way to add subdomains
    >> to httpd.conf? And another problem I have is that I want all my users to
    >> have the opportunity to create a website in their home directory.
    >> I would be very thankful if someone could point me to some documentation
    >> on how to do this.

    > Hi,
    >
    > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/de/vhosts/mass.html
    > You could set the documentroot to