Install debian Sarge with Raid - Debian

This is a discussion on Install debian Sarge with Raid - Debian ; Hi, I have a problem with installing Debian Sarge on a Sunblade. My problem is the Raid. I do a net boot, and when I try to create raid partitions (fd), there is only the ext3 and ext2 and swap ...

  1. Install debian Sarge with Raid

    Hi,

    I have a problem with installing Debian Sarge on a Sunblade.
    My problem is the Raid.
    I do a net boot, and when I try to create raid partitions (fd), there is
    only the ext3 and ext2 and swap file system !
    Why ?

    Thnaks!!

    PS: It is not possible to install debian Etch (it's why I use Sarge)

  2. Re: Install debian Sarge with Raid

    Guillaume Charhon writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a problem with installing Debian Sarge on a Sunblade.
    >My problem is the Raid.
    >I do a net boot, and when I try to create raid partitions (fd), there is
    >only the ext3 and ext2 and swap file system !
    >Why ?

    These are SPARC systems, no? I would expect them to use BSD
    disklabels, not PC partition tables. Maybe that's the reason.

    - anton

  3. Re: Install debian Sarge with Raid

    But I have not BSD in the list when insstalling debian...

    Anton Ertl wrote:
    > Guillaume Charhon writes:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with installing Debian Sarge on a Sunblade.
    >> My problem is the Raid.
    >> I do a net boot, and when I try to create raid partitions (fd), there is
    >> only the ext3 and ext2 and swap file system !
    >> Why ?

    > These are SPARC systems, no? I would expect them to use BSD
    > disklabels, not PC partition tables. Maybe that's the reason.
    >
    > - anton

+ Reply to Thread