Newsreaders won't let me post a message - Debian

This is a discussion on Newsreaders won't let me post a message - Debian ; Most of the time my newsreaders Pan and KNode won't let me post a message. Server timed out it says. Since I have a new ISP, the are all terrible here in the Netherlands, I don't really know what the ...

  1. Newsreaders won't let me post a message

    Most of the time my newsreaders Pan and KNode won't
    let me post a message. Server timed out it says.
    Since I have a new ISP, the are all terrible here
    in the Netherlands, I don't really know what the
    problem is. Where do I find a log file form these
    newsreaders, maybe it can clear up things.

    Edmund

  2. Re: Newsreaders won't let me post a message

    On 07/10/2007 07:38 AM, Edmund wrote:
    > Most of the time my newsreaders Pan and KNode won't
    > let me post a message. Server timed out it says.
    > Since I have a new ISP, the are all terrible here
    > in the Netherlands, I don't really know what the
    > problem is. Where do I find a log file form these
    > newsreaders, maybe it can clear up things.
    >
    > Edmund

    If you start Pan from within gnome-terminal (or xterm or rxvt or
    konsole), you should be able to see the warning and error messages that
    Pan outputs.

    Try to contact other customers of your ISP--perhaps through an
    ISP-hosted forum. Ask them how they got usenet configured properly.

+ Reply to Thread