New with Debian - Debian

This is a discussion on New with Debian - Debian ; Hi, being a Linux user for several years (SuSE) I now stepped over to Debian. I created four floppy disks as boot etc. disks which cost me 2 EUR (to be correct that was for ten floppies) and that was ...

  1. New with Debian

    Hi,

    being a Linux user for several years (SuSE) I now stepped over to Debian.
    I created four floppy disks as boot etc. disks which cost me 2 EUR (to be
    correct that was for ten floppies) and that was it.

    Being now a happy inhabitant of the Netherlands I have a good internet
    connection. So I just installed Debian Etch online to my PII/266 (288 MB
    ram). Took rather little time for the download but some ages for the
    processing.

    But it worled ok - no registrations needed, no license agreement with
    producers of sh**y os emulations needed, just being happy.

    And, well, at least the look&feel is a bit faster than with SuSE (Which I
    still regard to be a very good system for newbies to Linux). I now use
    GNOME without an increasing coffee consumption.

    Very impressing.

    Regards,

    Dirk Weber

    --
    Dirk Weber
    dirk-weber@web.de

  2. Re: New with Debian

    Government satellites recorded Dirk Weber saying:
    > Hi,
    >
    > being a Linux user for several years (SuSE) I now stepped over to Debian.
    > I created four floppy disks as boot etc. disks which cost me 2 EUR (to be
    > correct that was for ten floppies) and that was it.

    > And, well, at least the look&feel is a bit faster than with SuSE (Which I
    > still regard to be a very good system for newbies to Linux). I now use
    > GNOME without an increasing coffee consumption.
    >
    > Very impressing.

    Happy for you. On that machine, hope you don't mind my suggesting,
    xfce4 will be a bit snappier - works wonderfully on my old P2 /
    300MHZ with 64MB RAM.

    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/