how to unpack RAR files - Debian

This is a discussion on how to unpack RAR files - Debian ; My Archive manager does not support this .rar type. Edmund...

  1. how to unpack RAR files

    My Archive manager does not support this .rar type.

    Edmund

  2. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    Em Terça, 10 de Julho de 2007 22:14, Edmund escreveu:

    > My Archive manager does not support this .rar type.
    >
    > Edmund

    install the "unrar" package

  3. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    ArameFarpado wrote:
    > Em Terça, 10 de Julho de 2007 22:14, Edmund escreveu:
    >
    >> My Archive manager does not support this .rar type.
    >>
    >> Edmund

    > install the "unrar" package

    Synaptic only finds "unrar-free" which I tried but it failed.

    I did:

    ed@debian:~/WinC-drive$ unrar-free -x "Emu key Humax loader.rar"

    unrar 0.0.1 Copyright (C) 2004 Ben Asselstine, Jeroen Dekkers

    Extracting from /home/ed/WinC-drive/Emu key Humax loader.rar

    Extracting EmuKeyLoader.ini
    Failed
    Extracting EmuKeyLoader.exe
    Failed

    Edmund

  4. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    Em Quarta, 11 de Julho de 2007 11:31, Edmund escreveu:

    > ArameFarpado wrote:
    >> Em Terça, 10 de Julho de 2007 22:14, Edmund escreveu:
    >>
    >>> My Archive manager does not support this .rar type.
    >>>
    >>> Edmund

    >> install the "unrar" package

    > Synaptic only finds "unrar-free" which I tried but it failed.

    there is another unrar in the "non-free" repositories

    UNRAR 3.70 beta 3 freeware

  5. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    > ArameFarpado wrote:
    >> Em Tera, 10 de Julho de 2007 22:14, Edmund escreveu:
    >>
    >>> My Archive manager does not support this .rar type.
    >>>
    >>> Edmund

    >> install the "unrar" package

    > Synaptic only finds "unrar-free" which I tried but it failed.

    [edit]

    I think we want to see your /etc/apt/sources.list file contents to make
    sure you have the non-free repository available. Synaptic should have also
    shown you the rar (3.5.4-1) mentioned by poster ArameFarpado. I've never
    used it so I can't say if it will work for what you want to do but it
    should be worth trying and usually people mention things because they work
    for them. I did see a note about unrar-free, "Can't handle archives in
    the RAR 3.0 format.", don't know if that applies to the file you want to
    uncompress.

    Rodney

  6. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    ark, xarchive, file roller & karchiver
    they all open and extract files from rar archives if "unrar" is installed.

    regards

  7. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    > [edit]

    Oops!
    Just to clarify my typo, that should have been unrar (3.5.4-1).
    Rodney

  8. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    In message <4694d505$0$90272$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, ArameFarpado wrote:

    > ark, xarchive, file roller & karchiver
    > they all open and extract files from rar archives if "unrar" is installed.
    >
    > regards

    It is solved now, thanks

    Edmund

  9. Re: how to unpack RAR files

    Em Sexta, 13 de Julho de 2007 10:19, Edmund escreveu:

    > It is solved now, thanks
    >
    > Edmund

    Welcome

+ Reply to Thread