Evolution / Pan problems - Debian

This is a discussion on Evolution / Pan problems - Debian ; > > What I do see is an "mozilla-installer-bin" what do I do with that? > > Edmund > > > Test reply...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    > What I do see is an "mozilla-installer-bin" what do I do with that?
    >
    > Edmund

    Test reply

  2. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    Edmund said:

    > Test reply

    Over 400 *.test newsgroups from which to chose one but you *had* to
    test here... geez.

    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  3. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    sk8r-365 wrote:
    > Edmund said:
    >
    >> Test reply

    > Over 400 *.test newsgroups from which to chose one but you *had* to
    > test here... geez.

    I have problems posting to this newsgroup, most others doing fine.
    Can you tell me why?, you seems to know it all.

    Edmund

  4. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    Edmund said:
    > sk8r-365 wrote:
    >> Edmund said:
    >>
    >>> Test reply

    >> Over 400 *.test newsgroups from which to chose one but you *had* to
    >> test here... geez.
    >>

    > I have problems posting to this newsgroup, most others doing fine.
    > Can you tell me why?, you seems to know it all.
    >
    > Edmund

    You couldn't post saying something intelligent rather than "test"?
    You couldn't be sneaky and at least remark on something relevant to your
    posts? You couldn't try answering Mr. AJackson's questions
    elsewhere?

    I don't know why you have so called problems posting to this
    news group as even now you are still successfully doing so.
    And yet in your true general form you provide no information as to
    why you *think* you're having problems posting here - no error
    messages, no ISP latency notes, no evidence of any sort, but you
    are posting here.

    What man on Earth possesses all knowledge? I spoke the truth to you
    and you cannot accept it. There are over 400 *.test newsgroups.
    I am not above learning something. You could have said, "Geez, I'm
    sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll use one of those 400 *.test
    newsgroups next time I'm uncertain."

    Mr. AJackson has more kindly and patiently sought to assist you than I,
    but you are *still* unwavering in your information-less approach.
    An example is your 'test' message. While you provided opinion why you
    disliked my advise you still provided no proofs of your posting problems.
    Just as with your other issues in prior posts there is no evidence.

    Get a clue ! RTFM and STFW !

    READ and HEED this page

    Here's a good starting point for you from that URL:

    Be precise and informative about your problem

    1) Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.

    2) Describe the environment in which it occurs (machine, OS, application,
    whatever). Provide your vendor's distribution and release level
    (e.g.: “Fedora Core 4”, “Slackware 9.1”, etc.).

    3) Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before
    you asked the question.

    4) Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem
    yourself before you asked the question.

    5) Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software
    configuration.

    6) Do the best you can to anticipate the questions a hacker will ask, and answer
    them in advance in your request for help.
    Hey folks, is Edmund trolling?
    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  5. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    I demand that Edmund may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > I have problems posting to this newsgroup, most others doing fine.
    > Can you tell me why?, you seems to know it all.

    It's Baldrick's fault.

    | + Travel less. Share transport more. PRODUCE LESS CARBON DIOXIDE.

    Fort Wayne is not the headquarters of F troop.

  6. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    Government satellites recorded Darren Salt saying:
    > I demand that Edmund may or may not have written...
    >
    > [snip]
    >> I have problems posting to this newsgroup, most others doing fine.
    >> Can you tell me why?, you seems to know it all.

    > It's Baldrick's fault.

    Excellent! Perfect match.
    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  7. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    > Just as with your other issues in prior posts there is no evidence.

    So you know it all better then me right?
    How about the posts that didn't make it to the newsgroup?

  8. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    Hi Rodney,

    I am on Icedove now and it seems to be OK now, time will tell
    if it keeps working.

    Thanks

  9. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    Government satellites recorded Edmund saying:

    >> Just as with your other issues in prior posts there is no evidence.

    > So you know it all better then me right?
    > How about the posts that didn't make it to the newsgroup?

    Sir, you are a waste of my time. I'll speak to you after I've seen
    consistent intelligent posts by you.
    --
    sk8r-365

    http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

  10. Re: Evolution / Pan problems

    On Jul 9, 9:46 pm, Edmund wrote:
    > repo wrote:

    > >> Oops my mistake, in the thunderbird folder there is no install.bin there
    > >> is a "mozilla-installer-bin"
    > >> No idea what to do with it.

    > > chmod +x mozilla-installer.bin
    > > ./mozilla-installer.bin

    > OK nothing happens ?

    Nothing as in what?

    Program locks
    Program exits directly
    A window poping up which you can't interact with.
    How do you know that nothing happens? It might write some files that
    you haven't seen.

    You do not give us any information to work on, AND you ignore our
    sollutions that is on your beginners level, insisting on doing it the
    HARD software develloper way.

    What you SHOULD do, as you seems to be a beginner (nothing wrong with
    being a beginner, as we all been there), you should take an easier
    step and NOT try to do it the hard way. Do install software with
    Synaptic or aptitude, as they are packages adjusted for Debian.

    1) The hard way you try:
    =========
    Find and download pre compiled (or source) of the software you want to
    install. Find out which other software is needed and install them (by
    doing step 1) again). Find out how to install the software. Install
    it on right place, have right file rights on all files (to restricted
    and you can't run it, to unrestricted, and it is an security risk).
    After that you might have to find why it doesn't work in the way you
    want. Then you have to know about read and understan errorlog files,
    X Windows, X11, handle processes etc... Then you MIGHT get it to
    run. And when a security fix comes out, YOU have to find out about it
    and reinstall ALL software you installed again. And you have to do
    this for Mozilla, Firefox and Thunderbird

    It isn't rocket science, but that is not fixing a TV, washing machine,
    car etc either. Do you do that?
    ==========

    2) The easy Debian way, that you ignore:
    ==========
    Start your favorite package handling program (might be synaptic),
    search and select package "iceape", "iceweasel" and "Icedove". Select
    install packages. Start useing your software.
    OR
    Start a terminal window or type Ctrl-Alt-F1 (later, to get back to
    graphic, type Ctrl-Alt-F7 or Ctrl-Alt-F8)
    Type these commands
    su -
    aptitude install iceweasel
    aptitude install icedove
    aptitude install iceape

    Log out your session in this "window"
    installed software.
    Now you would have Firefox, Thunderbird and Mozilla installed (under
    those new names, but IT IS THE SAME SOFTWARE).
    =========

    So, what do you want to do, 1 or 2? Do you at this time has the
    knowled to do 1?
    I have knowled to do 1, but I prefere 2 as it is MUCH easier and gets
    a much better result.

    So why do you insist on doing 1?

    Yours, A Jackson

+ Reply to Thread