Make XMMS my default player - Debian

This is a discussion on Make XMMS my default player - Debian ; This a continuation of: http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.os...90b09750?hl=en So, I am here trying to make XMMS my default player, but to no avail. I know is possible because I did it under KDE, but I am more of a FSF kind-a-guy, so I ...

  1. Make XMMS my default player

    This a continuation of:
    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.os...90b09750?hl=en

    So, I am here trying to make XMMS my default player, but to no avail.
    I know is possible because I did it under KDE, but I am more of a FSF
    kind-a-guy, so I rather GNOME.
    So, folks, what do I have to do to make XMMS my default player under
    GNOME.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Make XMMS my default player

    jamiil said:

    > So, I am here trying to make XMMS my default player, but to no avail.
    > I know is possible because I did it under KDE, but I am more of a FSF
    > kind-a-guy, so I rather GNOME.
    > So, folks, what do I have to do to make XMMS my default player under
    > GNOME.

    Open Nautilus, go to the music file in question, right click it, go to
    Properties, then "Open with" and pick from the list or Add as needed.
    Or are you asking about hot keys, toten and xmms? If so, that's another
    matter altogether.

    --
    sk8-365

  3. Re: Make XMMS my default player

    On May 6, 1:00 pm, sk8-365 wrote:
    > jamiil said:
    >

    > > So, I am here trying to make XMMS my default player, but to no avail.
    > > I know is possible because I did it under KDE, but I am more of a FSF
    > > kind-a-guy, so I rather GNOME.
    > > So, folks, what do I have to do to make XMMS my default player under
    > > GNOME.

    > Open Nautilus, go to the music file in question, right click it, go to
    > Properties, then "Open with" and pick from the list or Add as needed.
    > Or are you asking about hot keys, toten and xmms? If so, that's another
    > matter altogether.
    >
    > --
    > sk8-365

    Hey! Thanks man for landing a hand, actually I just want to make sure
    that when clink on "fu.mp3" it will be XMMS the one playing the file
    and not Totem.

    Thanks man, keep up the good work!

  4. Re: Make XMMS my default player

    jamiil said: