XMMS - no sound!! - Debian

This is a discussion on XMMS - no sound!! - Debian ; In my Linux-Debian I have Totem as my default video and sound file player. Now, after installing XMMS-1.2.10 using apt-get, I would like to have XMMS to be my default player. However, after launching the applications and changing the skin ...

  1. XMMS - no sound!!

    In my Linux-Debian I have Totem as my default video and sound file
    player. Now, after installing XMMS-1.2.10 using apt-get, I would like
    to have XMMS to be my default player. However, after launching the
    applications and changing the skin to something more suitable, I found
    that the mp3 file I selected does not play, furthermore, XMMS freezes
    and becomes unresponsive, the only thing that makes it do something is
    the 'kill' command.
    What can I do to resolve this issue with XMMS?

    Thanks folks

  2. Re: XMMS - no sound!!

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:33:01 -0700, jamiil wrote:

    > In my Linux-Debian I have Totem as my default video and sound file
    > player. Now, after installing XMMS-1.2.10 using apt-get, I would like to
    > have XMMS to be my default player. However, after launching the
    > applications and changing the skin to something more suitable, I found
    > that the mp3 file I selected does not play, furthermore, XMMS freezes
    > and becomes unresponsive, the only thing that makes it do something is
    > the 'kill' command.
    > What can I do to resolve this issue with XMMS?
    >
    > Thanks folks

    XMMS Preferences.
    Make sure that your 'Output Plugin' is set to the same sound server you
    are using. (OSS/ALSA/JACK/etc..)

    --Teh

  3. Re: XMMS - no sound!!

    jamiil wrote:
    > In my Linux-Debian I have Totem as my default video and sound file
    > player. Now, after installing XMMS-1.2.10 using apt-get, I would like
    > to have XMMS to be my default player. However, after launching the
    > applications and changing the skin to something more suitable, I found
    > that the mp3 file I selected does not play, furthermore, XMMS freezes
    > and becomes unresponsive, the only thing that makes it do something is
    > the 'kill' command.
    > What can I do to resolve this issue with XMMS?
    >
    > Thanks folks

    I've seen something like this before, no sound in XMMS, though I don't
    think it froze up. I had to go into the preferences setup menu and set
    it to 'alsa' to get it to work.

  4. Re: XMMS - no sound!!

    Thanks man!
    You were right, it was driver. for some reason the settings for the
    machines is ESD and XMMS was OSS, well, it is all ESD now.

    Again, thanks so much!

    On May 5, 7:00 pm, Tehrasha Darkon wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:33:01 -0700, jamiil wrote:
    > > In my Linux-Debian I have Totem as my default video and sound file
    > > player. Now, after installing XMMS-1.2.10 using apt-get, I would like to
    > > have XMMS to be my default player. However, after launching the
    > > applications and changing the skin to something more suitable, I found
    > > that the mp3 file I selected does not play, furthermore, XMMS freezes
    > > and becomes unresponsive, the only thing that makes it do something is
    > > the 'kill' command.
    > > What can I do to resolve this issue with XMMS?

    > > Thanks folks

    > XMMS Preferences.
    > Make sure that your 'Output Plugin' is set to the same sound server you
    > are using. (OSS/ALSA/JACK/etc..)
    >
    > --Teh

+ Reply to Thread