Open Office Chinese Input - Debian

This is a discussion on Open Office Chinese Input - Debian ; Is there a way or package that will allow chinese characters to appear when pinyin is entered in Open Office Writer? For example, if I enter xue (no tone marks) a pop up window with all xue chinese characters would ...

  1. Open Office Chinese Input

    Is there a way or package
    that will allow chinese characters
    to appear when pinyin is entered
    in Open Office Writer?

    For example, if I enter xue (no tone marks)
    a pop up window with all xue chinese
    characters would appear and then I would
    cursor down to the one I wanted and select
    it.

    Thanks
    Citizen Jimserac
    James Pannozzi

  2. Re: Open Office Chinese Input

    On May 2, 7:23 am, Jimserac wrote:
    > Is there a way or package
    > that will allow chinese characters
    > to appear when pinyin is entered
    > in Open Office Writer?
    >
    > For example, if I enter xue (no tone marks)
    > a pop up window with all xue chinese
    > characters would appear and then I would
    > cursor down to the one I wanted and select
    > it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Citizen Jimserac
    > James Pannozzi

    It looks like two main possibilities - scin and gcin.

    CJ

+ Reply to Thread