NVU for Debian - Debian

This is a discussion on NVU for Debian - Debian ; Hey folks! Does anyone know if there is a deb package for NVU ? Thanks!...

  1. NVU for Debian

    Hey folks!
    Does anyone know if there is a deb package for NVU ?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: NVU for Debian

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 03:59:23 -0700, jamiil wrote:

    > Hey folks!
    > Does anyone know if there is a deb package for NVU ?

    Hello,

    I found these through google. They may not be exactly what you are looking
    for.

    http://www.nvu.com/download.php
    Has Ubuntu 5.04 and Debian 3.1r0 and newer.

    http://glazman.org/whyNvu/nvu.html
    Debian package built on Lindows OS 4.5 (Debian, k2.4) gcc/g++ 2.95.4

    Steve

  3. Re: NVU for Debian

    In alt.os.linux.debian on 28 Apr 2007 03:59:23 -0700, jamiil
    wrote:

    > Hey folks!
    > Does anyone know if there is a deb package for NVU ?

    It seems that Nvu was removed from Debian last October at the request
    of the package maintainer, on the grounds that it was no longer
    maintained upstream.

    There's an unofficial .deb at the Nvu site:
    . It's ancient but it might work;
    however, I'd be cautious of bugs and even security problems in a
    package as old as that.

    Nvu's replacement seems to be KompoZer: ,
    which despite its horrid name seems to have KnoThing to Kdo with KDE.
    But there's no .deb. Yet.

    --
    PJR :-)

  4. Re: NVU for Debian

    On Apr 28, 8:58 am, Peter J Ross wrote:
    > In alt.os.linux.debian on 28 Apr 2007 03:59:23 -0700, jamiil
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Hey folks!
    > > Does anyone know if there is a deb package for NVU ?

    > It seems that Nvu was removed from Debian last October at the request
    > of the package maintainer, on the grounds that it was no longer
    > maintained upstream.
    >

    > There's an unofficial .deb at the Nvu site:
    > . It's ancient but it might work;
    > however, I'd be cautious of bugs and even security problems in a
    > package as old as that.
    >
    > Nvu's replacement seems to be KompoZer: ,
    > which despite its horrid name seems to have KnoThing to Kdo with KDE.
    > But there's no .deb. Yet.
    >
    > --
    > PJR :-)

    Thanks folks, that was very helpful.