postfix + amavis: force header + spamcheck - Debian

This is a discussion on postfix + amavis: force header + spamcheck - Debian ; Hi all, I have a Debian mail server running postfix + amavisd-new and spamassassin. Configuration is almost the same as advocated on http://www.howtoforge.com/amavisd_postfix_debian_ubuntu , but I wasn't able to force amavisd to add a header to mails and to enable ...

  1. postfix + amavis: force header + spamcheck

    Hi all,

    I have a Debian mail server running postfix + amavisd-new and
    spamassassin. Configuration is almost the same as advocated on
    http://www.howtoforge.com/amavisd_postfix_debian_ubuntu, but I wasn't
    able to force amavisd to add a header to mails and to enable spam
    checking at all.

    Amavisd generally works: it checks incoming emails and moves banned
    contents to /var/lib/amavis/virusmails/
    To force addition of a header I set
    $sa_tag_level_deflt = -999;
    in /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user
    But this setting doesn't change anything, i.e. no header gets added.
    Adjusting the loglevel in this file works (so this is the right file
    and the sa_tag_level_deflt is not overwritten by any other file from
    /etc/amavis/conf.d/
    @bypass_spam_checks_acl is commented out.

    Any ideas what I'm missing here?

    Thanks,
    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Wilm | 0x7C68FBCC

  2. Re: postfix + amavis: force header + spamcheck

    Just in case somebody runs into the same problem:
    Forgot to mention that this server serves multiple domains. As luck
    would have it, I only checked the headers from one of those domains.
    After adding the appropriate domains to local_domains_acl everything
    worked like a charm.

    Andreas

    --

    Andreas Wilm | 0x7C68FBCC