How to configure Exim using testing - Debian

This is a discussion on How to configure Exim using testing - Debian ; How does one configure exim using testing, and where does one find the configuration files?...

  1. How to configure Exim using testing

    How does one configure exim using testing,
    and where does one find the configuration files?

  2. Re: How to configure Exim using testing

    Tom wrote:
    > How does one configure exim using testing,
    > and where does one find the configuration files?

    Tom,

    I assume you're using Exim4: if not, disregard.

    The confirguration files are in /etc/exim4. Debian gives you four
    choices for confirguration:

    1. Use your own exim4.conf file.
    2. Use the update-exim4.conf.conf setup file to
    auto-generate the
    /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated file:
    depending on the setting of the split-files
    option, you may either -

    A. Use the file fragments found under the
    /etc/exim4/conf.d directory to auto-generate
    the config.autogernerated file.
    B. Change the exim4.conf.template file and put
    your modifications there.

    Go through the info pages for exim4: there are too many different
    testing options to cover here.

    HTH.

    William

    --
    William Warren
    (Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

+ Reply to Thread