Remove kdelibs-bin package? - Debian

This is a discussion on Remove kdelibs-bin package? - Debian ; Hello! The last two days I got this: # apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done The following packages have been kept back: kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2a kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter ...

  1. Remove kdelibs-bin package?

    Hello!

    The last two days I got this:

    # apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2a
    kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmenuedit konqueror
    konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver ksplash ksysguard ksysguardd ktip kwin
    libkonq4 parted
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 30 not upgraded.
    # apt-get distupgrade
    E: Invalid operation distupgrade
    # apt-get dist-upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    kdelibs-bin
    libparted1.7-1
    kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2a
    kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmenuedit konqueror
    konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver ksplash ksysguard ksysguardd ktip kwin
    libkonq4 parted
    30 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 40.7MB of archives.
    After unpacking 2257kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
    Abort.

    Do I really want to remove kdelibs-bin for the upgrades? Or did I run into a bug? Thank you in
    advance.
    --
    "Ladies and gentlemen, hoboes and tramps...Crosseyed Mosquitoes and bow-legged ants...I've come to tell you the story..." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

  2. Re: Remove kdelibs-bin package?

    ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > The last two days I got this:
    >
    > # apt-get upgrade
    > Reading package lists... Done
    > Building dependency tree... Done
    > The following packages have been kept back:
    > kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2a
    > kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmenuedit konqueror
    > konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver ksplash ksysguard ksysguardd ktip kwin
    > libkonq4 parted
    > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 30 not upgraded.
    > # apt-get distupgrade
    > E: Invalid operation distupgrade
    > # apt-get dist-upgrade
    > Reading package lists... Done
    > Building dependency tree... Done
    > Calculating upgrade... Done
    > The following packages will be REMOVED:
    > kdelibs-bin
    > libparted1.7-1
    > kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdelibs kdelibs4c2a
    > kdepasswd kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmenuedit konqueror
    > konqueror-nsplugins konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver ksplash ksysguard ksysguardd ktip kwin
    > libkonq4 parted
    > 30 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    > Need to get 40.7MB of archives.
    > After unpacking 2257kB of additional disk space will be used.
    > Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
    > Abort.
    >

    > Do I really want to remove kdelibs-bin for the upgrades? Or did I run into a bug? Thank you in
    > advance.

    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
    i selected yes and my system works well now

  3. Re: Remove kdelibs-bin package?

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:59:01 -0500, ANTant@zimage.com
    wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:

    > Do I really want to remove kdelibs-bin for the upgrades? Or did I
    > run into a bug? Thank you in advance.

    Assuming you're running Debian Sid and are upgrading from KDE 3.5.2 to
    3.5.3, kdelibs-bin is now provided by the kdelibs4c2a package.
    Removing the package while upgrading shouldn't cause any problems; at
    least, it hasn't caused any problems for me.

    PJR :-)
    --
    _ _(o)_(o)_ _ FSM: http://www.venganza.org/
    .._\`:_ F S M _:' \_, PJR: http://www.insurgent.org/~pjr/