login - Debian

This is a discussion on login - Debian ; Hello, When the login screen would appear the default user was already in the user text box and all I had to do was type in the password. Something happened where the user text box comes up blank forcing me ...

  1. login

    Hello,
    When the login screen would appear the default user was already in the
    user text box and all I had to do was type in the password. Something
    happened where the user text box comes up blank forcing me to type in
    the user name and password. How do I have the default user show up in
    the user text box?
    thanks
    bill

  2. Re: login

    bill wrote:
    > Hello,
    > When the login screen would appear the default user was already in the
    > user text box and all I had to do was type in the password. Something
    > happened where the user text box comes up blank forcing me to type in
    > the user name and password. How do I have the default user show up in
    > the user text box?
    > thanks
    > bill

    You'd have to be a little more descriptive. Which login manager are you
    using? KDM? GDM? XDM?

  3. Re: login

    Signals wrote:
    > bill wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> When the login screen would appear the default user was already in the
    >> user text box and all I had to do was type in the password. Something
    >> happened where the user text box comes up blank forcing me to type in
    >> the user name and password. How do I have the default user show up in
    >> the user text box?
    >> thank
    >> bill

    > You'd have to be a little more descriptive. Which login manager are you
    > using? KDM? GDM? XDM?

    I am using KDM. I was able to figure it out using the
    login manager in the control center.
    thanks
    bill

+ Reply to Thread