    Thanks.
    --

  2. Re: Debian based distros: all the same packages?

    On 2006-02-23, AnonymousFC4 wrote:
    > Hello:
    > there are many Debian based distros, e.g: ubuntu, kubuntu, kanotix, etc...
    >
    > I am wondering if they can all use use the same packages (.deb), or if the
    > packages are very distro specific?

    You can, I believe, use .deb ackages from any distro. However, dependency
    considerations still apply.

    --
    Seth H Holmes

  3. Re: Debian based distros: all the same packages?

    On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:18:12 -0800, AnonymousFC4 wrote:

    > Hello:
    > there are many Debian based distros, e.g: ubuntu, kubuntu, kanotix, etc...
    >
    > I am wondering if they can all use use the same packages (.deb), or if the
    > packages are very distro specific?
    >
    > Thanks.

    About as well as different RPM based distros can use the same rpm
    packages. i.e. - in general, yes, but there are caveats. Mostly, each
    distribution will point to a slightly different set of repositories.

+ Reply to Thread