Hardware reconfiguration for an usb installation - Debian

This is a discussion on Hardware reconfiguration for an usb installation - Debian ; Hi there, I'd like to have a Linux distribution on my usb disk, but it should be able to configure automatically as much different hardware as possible. Is there some package I can install on my Debian Etch to have ...

  1. Hardware reconfiguration for an usb installation

    Hi there,
    I'd like to have a Linux distribution on my usb disk, but it should be
    able to configure automatically as much different hardware as possible.
    Is there some package I can install on my Debian Etch to have this
    hardware reconfiguration possible, or do I have to install a Knoppix?
    Perhaps is there a way to add all of the Knoppix's hardware configuration
    techniques to a running Debian installation?
    Many thanks for answering.

    --
    hamradio@toglimi.quipo.it
    ANTI-SPAM: please cut "toglimi." for my real e-mail address.