Installing Azureus on Debian Sarge - Debian

This is a discussion on Installing Azureus on Debian Sarge - Debian ; Can anyone point me to a url with step-by-step instructions on how to install Azureus on Debian Sarge. I've already succesfully installed Sun java j2re1.4. so all I need now is how to install Azureus. Thanks, Wad...

  1. Installing Azureus on Debian Sarge

    Can anyone point me to a url with step-by-step instructions on how to
    install Azureus on Debian Sarge. I've already succesfully installed
    Sun java j2re1.4. so all I need now is how to install Azureus.

    Thanks,

    Wad

  2. Re: Installing Azureus on Debian Sarge

    On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:16:25 +0900, Wad wrote:

    >Can anyone point me to a url with step-by-step instructions on how to
    >install Azureus on Debian Sarge. I've already succesfully installed
    >Sun java j2re1.4. so all I need now is how to install Azureus.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Wad

    I found it at http://pdo.debian.net/stable/net/azureus but it
    indicates the package depends on sun-j2sdk1.5. Should I just
    uninstall j2re1.4. first? Or can I just overwrite everything with
    apt-get install sun-j2sdk1.5. from say:
    deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/java/debian/ testing non-free

    Thanks again,

    Wad

    Debian 3.1 Stable
    Kernel 2.6.8