HOWTO compress and encrypt - Debian

This is a discussion on HOWTO compress and encrypt - Debian ; Hello, HOWTO compress _and_ encrypt a set of files using common tools like gzip and others, in such a way the result is compatible to pkzip.exe? It must be soo simple ... if I only knew HOWTO Thanks in avance ...

  1. HOWTO compress and encrypt

    Hello,

    HOWTO compress _and_ encrypt a set of files
    using common tools like gzip and others, in such
    a way the result is compatible to pkzip.exe?

    It must be soo simple ... if I only knew HOWTO

    Thanks in avance for any advise,

    HansH

  2. Re: HOWTO compress and encrypt

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:58:59 +0100, HansH wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > HOWTO compress _and_ encrypt a set of files
    > using common tools like gzip and others, in such
    > a way the result is compatible to pkzip.exe?
    >

    > It must be soo simple ... if I only knew HOWTO
    >
    > Thanks in avance for any advise,
    >
    > HansH

    The man page for zip is really quite understandable. Just type "man zip"
    in a console.

+ Reply to Thread