Hi there,
at home I have a very small network with one Linux file server (running
Debian GNU/Linux testing and Samba-3.0.21a) and three clients: one Windows
ME, one Windows XP, and one Debian GNU/Linux.

On my server I'd like to run samba from xinetd, because it's not
permanently used and because of the additional security controls, but if I
run it from xinetd then my Windows XP client cannot access the shares
anymore, while the Windows ME and Linux clients always can access with no
problem.

Of course when the server is running samba in daemon mode (from
/etc/init.d/samba) the Windows XP client can access regularly all the
shares.

Anyone knows why Windows XP has this problem and how could I fix it?

Thanks for answering.

--
hamradio@toglimi.quipo.it
ANTI-SPAM: please cut "toglimi." for my real e-mail address.